Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good Luck with GCSE Results

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Watford jnr just phoned - 2 As, 11Bs, 1C - I guess that's what they call consistent :clap2::clap2::clap2:

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
It's amazing how there are no thickies around who fail??
And they say they are not getting easier!!

Some questions were on sky news today, one maths question showed a bar chart it had 4 Bars one significantly higher than the rest, the question was which is highest (or most prolific)

I know they can only pass what is put on front of them but for pass rates to be better for the last 23 years that is telling a story and looking around the UK it's not more intelligent teens!!

Monty

Feb 21, 2008

Some questions were on sky news today, one maths question showed a bar chart it had 4 Bars one significantly higher than the rest, the question was which is highest (or most prolific)

I know they can only pass what is put on front of them but for pass rates to be better for the last 23 years that is telling a story and looking around the UK it's not more intelligent teens!!

Bore off!

As a part time invigilator I suspect that was from a 'foundation' paper.

Some of the foundation questions are easy but some aren't. In the higher papers the standard is much higher and I know for a fact how hard the kids have to work to get high grades. :thumbsup:

dont leave us hanging! what was the answer:p

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
GCSE's, pile of shit designed to get you to the next step, i.e college for most. I "failed", got into college on the courses I wanted, passed that and haven't looked back since. At the age of 24, I don't think an employer has been interested in my qualifications since I was job hunting at the age of 19

Monty

Feb 21, 2008
GCSE's, pile of shit designed to get you to the next step, i.e college for most. I "failed", got into college on the courses I wanted, passed that and haven't looked back since. At the age of 24, I don't think an employer has been interested in my qualifications since I was job hunting at the age of 19

True but let the kids and proud parents at least have one day to celebrate. Jeez!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I presume there will be plenty of images of screaming slender OMG OMG OMG never-had-a-negative-emotion 16 year-olds girls on the news today?

Apart from that, good luck to your lass.

Aye good luck to you all. I don't understand the news coverage though. It's not news is it? They never had results on the news when I were a lad. Back then though the exams were hard so not every tom dick and harry were getting A Stars so maybe not as newsworthy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here