Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good luck to anyone picking up thier GCSE results tommorow...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
good luck children - i got 7 a's, 2 b's and 1 c, so that should be easy to achieve

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
what about us BASTARDS waiting for our GNVQ results , any luck for us?

(btw good luck GCSErs )

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
good luck.

I got 3A's,4 B's, and 3C's

good luck to your lad Hiney, well done he's learnt the ethos of working hard.

I only picked that one up this year.

what college is he planning to go to?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Braders7 said:
what about us BASTARDS waiting for our GNVQ results , any luck for us?

(btw good luck GCSErs )

good luck old boy - as for the gcse's - easy when you are as naturaly intelligent as me:)

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Hiney said:
He took 2 last year and took 9 more plus an AS in History this year. Spanish, Geography, Maths, IT, RE, English and Science - not sure how it all works these days. When I took my O Levels, there were 2 english and 3 science subjects.

Our 15 year old will be getting her History result (which she sat a year early) and I'm sure she will be expecting some sort of reward if its a good grade............no doubt you will be getting your hand in your wallet big time then if he gets good grades too!

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Will pop into work tomorrow to see how my proteges have got on. One of the most satisfying parts of the job is when they open the envelope and seeing theyve passed.

Good luck everyone!!!

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
LANGDON SEAGULL said:
By the way Race, any chance of some toast again tonight???

:lolol:

all out of jam and marmite im afraid! next batch will be at 3pm on saturday!

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Oceanic said:
GCSE and ‘A’ levels mean sod all these days. Nearly everyone gets them. It’s Labours Politically correct brigade. Labour like having their targets met so the easiest option is to make exams and study easier. In a couple of years time it’ll be 100% pass rate. Anything to reach their targets!!

:yawn: :yawn:

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Oceanic said:
GCSE and ‘A’ levels mean sod all these days. Nearly everyone gets them. It’s Labours Politically correct brigade. Labour like having their targets met so the easiest option is to make exams and study easier. In a couple of years time it’ll be 100% pass rate. Anything to reach their targets!!

Agreed. There's also the fact that every town now has 3 universities and 95% of the population obtains some sort of useless degree which they'll never use. Most people would better of going into a job at 16 or 18 and starting a career.

The majority of people I know with degrees have ended up doing jobs they could have gotten with only A levels (or less), so without uni they would have been 3 years into their career (and could have gained worthwhile professional qualifications), not have a £9k student loan to pay off and thats not to mention all the money their parents and the government (tax payers) have also invested.

By dumbing the education system down the more gifted students are becoming disadvantaged because their qualifications are less respected.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Race said:
Our 15 year old will be getting her History result (which she sat a year early) and I'm sure she will be expecting some sort of reward if its a good grade............no doubt you will be getting your hand in your wallet big time then if he gets good grades too!

Negotiations are at a very sensitive stage! He has worked really hard but don't let on!!!

:clap2: :clap2:

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
I took 4 A's and 7 B's, 2 years ago mind, have my A Levels since. :clap:

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
I got one D, er the rest were Es and Fs but im happy and got a good job.So even if you do shit dont worry it ant the end of the world!:drink:

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Oh yesss!!! How did other people do?

I got:

Science - 2 x D
French - F
English - 2 x C
Religious studies - U
History - B
Maths - D
ICT - 2 x C
Geography - C