Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good luck to all those doing the Brighton marathon today

Lush

Mods' Pet
Saw edna with under a mile to go. Also Kev who looked very fresh at about 14 miles, but seemed to have dropped back and was walking towards the end. Still massive respect to both for finishing in that heat.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
As i mentioned earlier, my mate who has MS is doing this over 3/4 days...he has to use a walking frame thing but he is now getting towards 7 miles. Bloody brave effort and if he completes this in a few days time, the organisers are going to meet him with a finish line and a medal, really hoping he can do it.

Well done to all the people that have done it today for so many good causes

Fantastic effort, good luck to him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What a cracking day. I saw ManOnTheRun, he was looking good at 16 miles and I trust he was alright for the rest of the race. Saw numerous Albion shirts and badges as well as the Saints fan I mentioned earlier. Bumped into Ponce Mohammed Buzzer, a nice treat as he gave me a Cornetto. How did your brother do Buzzer?

Congratulations to all who competed and completed. I'd love to hear people's stories of the day, and whether you will contemplate another, so please get posting once you've 'come down'.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As i mentioned earlier, my mate who has MS is doing this over 3/4 days...he has to use a walking frame thing but he is now getting towards 7 miles. Bloody brave effort and if he completes this in a few days time, the organisers are going to meet him with a finish line and a medal, really hoping he can do it.

Well done to all the people that have done it today for so many good causes

Good effort. Any projected time for him going past Osborne Villas in Hove? It's around 16 miles and 18-19 on the switch back.

I'll come out and cheer him on.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What a cracking day. I saw ManOnTheRun, he was looking good at 16 miles and I trust he was alright for the rest of the race. Saw numerous Albion shirts and badges as well as the Saints fan I mentioned earlier. Bumped into Ponce Mohammed Buzzer, a nice treat as he gave me a Cornetto. How did your brother do Buzzer?

Congratulations to all who competed and completed. I'd love to hear people's stories of the day, and whether you will contemplate another, so please get posting once you've 'come down'.

Three hours and 28 minutes. Considering the heat, he (and all of us) are dead chuffed by that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bit late for 'good luck', so I'll throw in a tentative 'well done', to all of you.
You'll certainly never catch me undertaking such an event, nuff respect.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Special respect to the stripy shirt man wearing a SCARF (also stripy) on this the hottest day of the year.

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
Finished with time of 4 hours 53 mins. Bit disappointed as got through 13 miles in 2 hours 5 mins so was well on target of the 4 hours 30 i was aiming for.

Did enjoy it though and getting motivated by shouts of seagulls was great, bet some people had a shock when they saw the back of the shirt.

Def glad its over and don't think i be applying for next years just yet but we will see.

Also many thanks to those on here that donated and also those few runners who new who i was and came over for a chat before the start and during the race.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Special respect to the stripy shirt man wearing a SCARF (also stripy) on this the hottest day of the year.

Southampton wearing shirt man put in a burst by the lagoon to get past him, to many shouts of 'that won't happen in the league' Good effort to all the Albion shirt wearing runners, who all resoponded to my 'Seagulls' shouts, 3 more points and 'get on the gus bus' around the Level, Roedean and Lagoon.

Hot out there today hope you are all getting pampered and treating your self to booze and ice cream, look forwrad to hearing who hurts the most tommorow.

Sep 1, 2010
Good effort. Any projected time for him going past Osborne Villas in Hove? It's around 16 miles and 18-19 on the switch back.

I'll come out and cheer him on.

Thanks mate, well he won't get there until Tuesday he is hoping to do another 7 tomorrow. It's an absolute hike fir someone with MS. Thanks for the support. I guess Tuesday you won't be about though!

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
Southampton wearing shirt man put in a burst by the lagoon to get past him, to many shouts of 'that won't happen in the league' Good effort to all the Albion shirt wearing runners, who all resoponded to my 'Seagulls' shouts, 3 more points and 'get on the gus bus' around the Level, Roedean and Lagoon.

Hot out there today hope you are all getting pampered and treating your self to booze and ice cream, look forwrad to hearing who hurts the most tommorow.

were you wearing a black polo shirt?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thanks mate, well he won't get there until Tuesday he is hoping to do another 7 tomorrow. It's an absolute hike fir someone with MS. Thanks for the support. I guess Tuesday you won't be about though!

I'm around Tuesday.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'm sunburnt and knackered (having walked around 12 miles) :jester:

Great fun and definitely aiming to do it next year with some decent preparation. My best friend did it in 3 hours 12 minutes, which is not bad considering he was injured - a super fit army captain.

I do hope the chap that was carried off with 400 metres to go is OK. He was dead to the world when they lifted him onto the stretcher. He was close to the sub 3 hour mark..

Well done to all those who ran.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Did anyone mention to Edna that marathon virgins are required to do a lap of honour BY LAW!!

:jester:

Holy shit, I can barely manage a lap of my own lounge right now!

I did it in 5hrs 12 mins, and I can't tell you how chuffed I am. Realised at about 10 miles that I didn't care about the time, that was my worst part of the race. By 16 miles I was loving it, the crowds on New Church Road were great and people kept shouting my name (if you've never run it you have no idea what a boost this is). The power station bit wasn't even that bad as I'd convinced myself by that point that the end was in sight and the mileage left was well into single figures

Wasn't wearing an Albion shirt myself but I did shout Seagulls on many occasions to those who were.

I bloody hurt now, I have some corking tan lines and some quite tremendous blisters, but nobody can ever take it away from me now, I've done it and got my medal. Woohoo!

(wish I'd seen Glenn Murray though :love:)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Holy shit, I can barely manage a lap of my own lounge right now!

I did it in 5hrs 12 mins, and I can't tell you how chuffed I am. Realised at about 10 miles that I didn't care about the time, that was my worst part of the race. By 16 miles I was loving it, the crowds on New Church Road were great and people kept shouting my name (if you've never run it you have no idea what a boost this is). The power station bit wasn't even that bad as I'd convinced myself by that point that the end was in sight and the mileage left was well into single figures

Wasn't wearing an Albion shirt myself but I did shout Seagulls on many occasions to those who were.

I bloody hurt now, I have some corking tan lines and some quite tremendous blisters, but nobody can ever take it away from me now, I've done it and got my medal. Woohoo!

(wish I'd seen Glenn Murray though :love:)

Well done, Ma'am :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here