Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good luck to all those doing the Brighton marathon today

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Holy shit I can't believe the day is finally here...a few more (long, painful) hours and I can finally have my life back.

All the best to everyone on NSC who's doing it, slap on plenty of suncream, and I may see some of you at the finish...I hope :nervous:

And thanks to everyone who's sponsored me, have raised over a grand for Help For Heroes, I'm overwhelmed with that
:thumbsup: :bowdown: :)

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Yes good luck to all.....looks like its gonna be a warm one!!! Just hope the leg holds out, i see the entries for next year open tomorow!!!!! I think ill wait till a bit later today to decide if this is my one and only marathon or not....once again good luck to all.

Sep 1, 2010
Good luck once again. I shall be watching my friend starting his 3 day walk of the 26 miles. He has MS and is raising funds fir that.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
looks quite easy to finish if Im honest, whats the big deal?

marathon.jpg

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
Good luck to everyone doing it! I decided recently to do a 12km (about 7 and a half miles) run in Perth, and after training for the first time yesterday (3km run) I realised just how far it was! Have massive respect for all of you doing a 26 mile run... I'll have to build up to that I think :p

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Good luck to Dick Knight's Mumm-who, surprisingly, won't be running it with a beer in his hand.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A bloke ran past us through the streets of Brighton about 10:30 last night with '4 Marathons in 24 Hours' on the back of his running shirt. I imagine he was running the route for the second or third time back-to-back and planning to set off again with everyone else for a fourth time this morning. Unbelievable.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Good luck to Kevin Risby who got over his £ 1000 target yesterday. Also good luck to Neil Kane and Mike Philpott both running for the REMF. Give them a big cheer. Respect to all who run today.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Same here. Best wishes and good luck to all. Dig in, it might hurt, but remember it will all be over soon and you'll have some amazing memories and pride to keep with you forever.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
A bloke ran past us through the streets of Brighton about 10:30 last night with '4 Marathons in 24 Hours' on the back of his running shirt. I imagine he was running the route for the second or third time back-to-back and planning to set off again with everyone else for a fourth time this morning. Unbelievable.

Dan Lawson from AITC init.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Good Luck all :thumbsup:

I constantly marvel at Gus's attention to detail

He even manipulated his team selections to ensure the results meant the promotion parties would be after our runners had completed the Brighton marathon...

Top work GP :smile:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Massive respect to all who did / are doing this today. The Mrs is on the finish with St. Johns so if anyone collapses after stopping you might be in excellent hands! I've run 10ks and a single half marathon and near killed me! Would take alot of training to do a full marathon but I'd love to do Brighton one year if get fit again. Off in a few mins to do my 5k swim for swimathon and Marie Curie but don't think hour and half in pool for a club swimmer is near what you are doing today. Massive respect and good job raising the money for charity.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Walked along the A259 from Southwick this morning. Saw a couple of guys wearing an Albion replica shirt. Runner no 3100 was one but didn't catch the other number.

What a glorious day it is too....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I shouted out "you're gonna finish behind the seagulls" to a guy in a Saints top. Fair play to the chap as he turned round and gave me a classic old-skool two fingered salute.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Did it last year in similar weather and those last 8 miles were horrific! Had to defer this year because of lack of time to train but planning on giving it another go next year!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Just got back from Shoreham.
Hands hurt, and neck is burnt, but all good fun.
Fair play to all those that took part!
My brother finished in 3:30.
Rather him than me!

Sep 1, 2010
As i mentioned earlier, my mate who has MS is doing this over 3/4 days...he has to use a walking frame thing but he is now getting towards 7 miles. Bloody brave effort and if he completes this in a few days time, the organisers are going to meet him with a finish line and a medal, really hoping he can do it.

Well done to all the people that have done it today for so many good causes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here