Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good luck to all the LUNATICS doing the London Marathon

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Thanks! My wife and kids can't even be bothered to turn out and wait at the finish line for me.

I think I am all ready and raring to go. We'll see. Vaseline, plasters and especially designed shorts at the ready.

If I have a heart attack half way round it was nice knowing you all.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Starry said:
Thanks! My wife and kids can't even be bothered to turn out and wait at the finish line for me.

I think I am all ready and raring to go. We'll see. Vaseline, plasters and especially designed shorts at the ready.

If I have a heart attack half way round it was nice knowing you all.

what you are running the marathon and 26 weeks pregnant?

I take my hat off to you madam ( if I had a hat)

Best of luck and if you are raising funds for Anastasia, I hope people are very generous.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
good luck indeed.

not for me i'm afraid, my bad ankle got worse rather than better, but there's always another marathon.

my top tip (only do this if supremely confident you won't stop):

about 1k from the end gather your thoughts and strength, have some water and ensure a sprint finish. it's the bollocks!

and DO NO forget to micropore tape your nips, forget vaseline this will not work!

Last edited:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Dies Irae said:
what you are running the marathon and 26 weeks pregnant?

I take my hat off to you madam ( if I had a hat)

Best of luck and if you are raising funds for Anastasia, I hope people are very generous.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

It's Paddy! The wife was intending on taking part, I have my doubts how genuine her intention was but the baby changed that. She can't even make it to the finish line to meet me so not sure she would have made the whole marathon.

Yes it's for Anastasia/Neuroblastoma Society. We have nearly £9,000, raised so far. My company are going to match the sponsorship as well - we've done really well.

Paddy

Seagull Stew

Good luck to you all.

I'll be waving you guys along in my Albion top from my small green balcony after about 9 1/2 miles, just after you guys turn left along Salter Road after going past the back of the print works!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I've never thought about entering, but the very best of luck to those that have.

I seem to remember last year it was the morning after Pavilionaire's stag do, a few of us had crashed in Blackheath and were awoken at 8am by some BBC helicopters - which didn't go down well at all.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Just seen Paddy on the TV. He's right beside Steve Redgrave wearing white, blue and yellow.

Getting wet. Ha.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Hiney said:
Don't forget to GREASE your NIPPLES

:thumbsup:

Nipples greased.

*I'm not running the marathon or anything - just thought it sounded like a fun thing to do.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
who saw Jade Goody, 4 training sessions and 30 minutes in the treadmill, and shes wearing tennis shoes :lolol:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Starry said:
Paddy finished in 3h 39minutes and sounds like he is about to keel over!

Well done Paddy. I am hoping to do a marathon either next year or the year after myself and I have now got a target to aim at.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here