Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good luck, from a leeds fan

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
There's two things in his favour
1) Gus likes him enough to pursue him till the bitter end and
2) Why were Leeds so desperate as to NOT let him sign for another Championship club - may be he just doesn't fit into their style of play
We've little to lose in my opinion - if he's crap he'll go back in January and ih he's not perhaps we can get him permanent

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Under Gus, players tend to get better rather than worse so I'm hopeful for Paynter.

(Genuine) Question to our Leeds chum : Do signings under Grayson tend to get better or worse than their reputation?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Billy Paynter is one of the worst strikers I have seen at Leeds United. He was slow, unfit, lazy, had poor positioning, couldn't finish and couldn't head. You have signed basically an average League One player. I've seen some posts claiming that he will play better than last season because you have CMS, Vicente, Noone, Hoskins, Barnes and Lualua playing around him. However, last year Leeds had Gradel, Snograss, Howson, Mccormack, Becchio, Killkenny and Lichaj playing with him and he only managed to score one goal!

Good Luck

Yes but we managed to get rid of Dan Harding and you were the only club gullible enough to believe the hype that he was any good so Touché my ferret smuggling, gravy slurping friend!

Sent from my iPhone using a goat

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Yes but we managed to get rid of Dan Harding and you were the only club gullible enough to believe the hype that he was any good so Touché my ferret smuggling, gravy slurping friend!

Sent from my iPhone using a goat

Erm, best leftback in League One last year- Harding would be an asset if he was still here.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
im bloody delighted with the signing thankyou.

an average league 1 player you say....29 goals is far from average when he was in that league.

he will be the perfect foil for cms, and will regain his goal scoring boots.

don't say to much else we won't get him cheap

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
The difference between Leeds United and Brighton and Hove Albion is our undoubtedly better style of football. He shall become a crucial cog in our football machine, rather than just a lump up top for your sloggers to find with a 50 yard hoof down field.

(*The views expressed in this post may not neccessarily my actual opinions on the signing)

Harsh.
Leeds play some good football, and with Mccormack and Bechio up top are hardly likely to be playing the long ball all the time. In fact i'd say they've got a pretty good balance in the side, strong but good on the ball.
I've seen them a few times this season, so this isn't coming from just our game against them.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
We had just sold Beckford and couldn't find any other strikers - abit of a panic buy

Nice to see that Leeds fans are so informed, you didn't buy him you got him on a Bosman, ahead of several other teams. He joined Leeds in the mistaken belief that they were a big club, the word 'were' is the operative word here.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A couple more posts like this from Leeds fans, ought to be enough to GUARANTEE he turns out to be a success.

billy_bremner

Mar 16, 2008
I hope he has a great loan spell with your lot because that would mean he'd be easier to sell this January. We can make a neat profit on him and sneak out. Ultimately, a new environment might help him temporarily to gain some momentum but that is it. I don't see any successful team building their strike force with him leading the line at this level. You'd be giving up on a lot of things. I can see this loan spell going well and someone falling for the trap. We've seen many players fade once signed permanently, so I look forward to it.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Erm, best leftback in League One last year- Harding would be an asset if he was still here.

that was last year 5 years after he played for Leeds in the Championship which is what I'm talking about...Ironically, he's only played 5 times this year and 2 of them he came off the subs bench...Anyway - shut up...I'm trying to wind up the dirty Leeds fan not get into a discussion about Dan Harding lol!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A couple more posts like this from Leeds fans, ought to be enough to GUARANTEE he turns out to be a success.

Is what I'm thinking. Yes, they may think he's rubbish. But secretly I bet they're all worried he might turn out to be half decent, and absolutely bricking it at the prospect of him scoring against them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here