Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good luck, from a leeds fan

lufcfan

Oct 27, 2011
Billy Paynter is one of the worst strikers I have seen at Leeds United. He was slow, unfit, lazy, had poor positioning, couldn't finish and couldn't head. You have signed basically an average League One player. I've seen some posts claiming that he will play better than last season because you have CMS, Vicente, Noone, Hoskins, Barnes and Lualua playing around him. However, last year Leeds had Gradel, Snograss, Howson, Mccormack, Becchio, Killkenny and Lichaj playing with him and he only managed to score one goal!

Good Luck

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
im bloody delighted with the signing thankyou.

an average league 1 player you say....29 goals is far from average when he was in that league.

he will be the perfect foil for cms, and will regain his goal scoring boots.

lufcfan

Oct 27, 2011
im bloody delighted with the signing thankyou.

an average league 1 player you say....29 goals is far from average when he was in that league.

he will be the perfect foil for cms, and will regain his goal scoring boots.

Sorry for the double post but he's only had i think he's had one season where he has scored more than 10 goals

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
If he is so shit then why did 'mighty' Leeds take him on?

* edit. Ignore - beat me to it.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Maybe he was 'lazy', 'poorly positioned' and so on because he was unfit? And never settled? After all, it is a massive privilege to play for Championship Leeds and perhaps he never felt worthy?

albionite

May 20, 2009
Well, it's his chance to prove his doubters wrong. Gus obviously sees something in him he likes.

Have we signed him to score countless goals? I don't think so. If he can hold the ball up and lay it off he will be fine. We have lost points this year due to not having someone up front winning and keeping the ball.

Some Brighton fans were slagging off Woods last year. Look at him now. Strikers usually play on confidence, so this is Billys chance to regain it and show what he can do.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
How many posts from Leeds fans saying EXACLTY the same thing are we going to have today? Why you couldn't have put this in one of the other 3 or so Billy Paynter threads is beyond me.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If hes so shit you wont mind us having him for free in january when hes got 6 goals in 12 games then..... :)

BHAMAN

Dec 25, 2010
Shoreham
We'll see, won't we?
If he's good then yippee!
If he's crap then Leeds can have him back.
Not sure what all the fuss is about.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Who do people expect him to do anything for a small club like Brighton if he can't cut the mustard at a massive club like the mighty Leeds United (Champions of Europe). :moo:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The difference between Leeds United and Brighton and Hove Albion is our undoubtedly better style of football. He shall become a crucial cog in our football machine, rather than just a lump up top for your sloggers to find with a 50 yard hoof down field.

(*The views expressed in this post may not neccessarily my actual opinions on the signing)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here