Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good London restaurant for lunch

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My boss is taking me out for lunch and says that I can choose the venue. Naturally, I want to hit his wallet hard and get some decent scran but where should I go?

The catch is that I'm a veggie and I want to go a place that treats veggies with respect and not some sort of afterthought or nuisance (which rules out any Gordon Ramsay place or Le Gavroche).

Any of the master brains of NSC have any suggestions?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So now you veggies want respect, as well as weird food...I dunno, it's PC gone mad...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Do you eat FISH? They're not very cuddly.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
No, I don't eat fish and yes, I do want respect - shocking isn't it?

Cinnamon Club is a good shout.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Greggs.
£10 - 13 vegetable pasties. 1 doughnut. 6 hankies. Workers have boils, all miniature bags of yeast and parallelogram carrot.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, I'm a KFC chicken-arian myself.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Gwylan said:
No, I don't eat fish and yes, I do want respect - shocking isn't it?
Fair play. There's only one thing I hate more than people who wear leather but think that wearing fur is 'evil', and that's vegetarians who eat fish. It's still an animal you dullards.

Spicy beanburger at Burger King maybe?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Brovian said:
Fair play. There's only one thing I hate more than people who wear leather but think that wearing fur is 'evil', and that's vegetarians who eat fish. It's still an animal you dullards.

But fur, very simply, is murder for wear. Isn't it. While leather, they argue, is a leftover, and therefore more justifiably convenient.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Why not get on a train and go to Terre A Terre?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Meade's_Ball said:
But fur, very simply, is murder for wear. Isn't it. While leather, they argue, is a leftover, and therefore more justifiably convenient.
Disagree. What about rabbit fur?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Brovian said:

My mother doesn't eat solid ground meat but eats fish and she is not a dullard.

She's just a bit DIM is all.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I had to do a restaurant review earlier this week (Richmond - possibly a bit far out). Very amusing exercise. Trying to write something that doesn't sound like Michael Winner is actually quite difficult.

But you'll be well impressed with what I wrote about the vegetables. 'Perfectly cooked'. I know. Brilliant. Even the chef let me down. I got some quotes hoping he'd either come out with a load of pretentious nonsense, or even lamp me, preferably both, but he was quite normal.

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Brovian said:
Disagree. What about rabbit fur?

You can wear a rabbit if you want. I don't mind. Just don't have the strength to rid myself of guilt in certain situations. One of them is to wear something with a face. Unless it's a Cure or Rage Against the Machine t-shirt. Or Teenwolf. I'd wear him.

I used to be a vegan, but then i 'matured' and became selfish enough to just consider my own fun rather than endlessly curve myself with standards.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Where abouts are you looking? I love Orrery on the top of Marylebone High St. although as a devout meat eater I'm not sure about their vegetarian options...Its Franco/British and does a set lunch menu...

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
There's the veggie place in Primrose Hill. I only went there once and it's was expensively and friendily beautiful. Some brilliant organic beer and wines and some waiters who just ask how you are and what you want rather licking your anus and wiping it on the price.
I loved it there, and if i get an aunt dead who leaves me a grand, i will go back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here