Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good Indian in Hove

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
All the restaurant itself is not that nice, the place I have found with the best Indian food (this is since I had returned from living in India for a few months) was Bengal Palace on Portland Road

The food just had more flavour and spice to it compared to the other places. Its just the tables and chairs were pretty much plastic garden furniture. Get take aways from there still.

Ashoka is good, as is Indian Summer on Hove Seafront

D

Deleted User X18H

I walked past the Hove Tandoori in Church Road last night well jogged actually and they had tables and chairs outside.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Sorry guys but I've had two takeaways from Ashoka and both have been shite. My Madras and the bird's rogan josh both tased the same except for the chilli powder, just a bland watery mess.

Hove tandoori I have found to be very good.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Gangees, or Hove tandoori is very nice.

This is the correct answer. I've tried all the indians on Church Road from the one of the corner of Hove St (name escapes me) to The Ganges...and The Ganges is the best. In my opinion it is better than the Ashoka next door.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
This is the correct answer. I've tried all the indians on Church Road from the one of the corner of Hove St (name escapes me) to The Ganges...and The Ganges is the best. In my opinion it is better than the Ashoka next door.

Another voice of reason. Gangees is much nicer than Ashoka. Even better me and the rest of the Dads from the Junior Seagulls Under 9s will be in there on Friday night! :thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Ganges is far superior to the Ashoka and always has been.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
btw there is a bloke I recognise from the Albion who goes in there EVERY Sunday on his own reading the program from the day before. And I mean literally every Sunday. Grey haired slim fella. Anyone know him?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
All the restaurant itself is not that nice, the place I have found with the best Indian food (this is since I had returned from living in India for a few months) was Bengal Palace on Portland Road

The food just had more flavour and spice to it compared to the other places. Its just the tables and chairs were pretty much plastic garden furniture. Get take aways from there still.

Ashoka is good, as is Indian Summer on Hove Seafront

Well you better try the Ganges then because the Bengal Palace closed down 10 days ago!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here