Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good food around Hurstpierpoint ?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Can anyone recommend a nice restaurant/foody pub around the Hurstpierpoint area when I can take my mum for her birthday ? Needs to have a veggie selection.

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
The 3 Amigos Mexican in the village itself.....does most things like burritos, fajitas, quesadillas in vegitarian

I second this one, being vegi myself. I thought it was The Vinyard Lodge

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
The 3 Amigos Mexican in the village itself.....does most things like burritos, fajitas, quesadillas in vegitarian

This. Best place to eat in the village itself.

Also, The White Horse haven't long since started their Thai menu, and that was a top bit of food when I went there the other week.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Ginger Fox just down the road easily the best, although not technically in the village and requries a car. Avoid the New Inn, food is decent, but over priced, 3 amigos is alright, but deffo ginger fox.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
the fig tree and ginger fox not very veggie, mexican is a bit iffy as mum can have guts trouble and spicy food might not be so good; unless they do some non-spicy stuff

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Your going to struggle for vegetarian eating in hurstpierpoint, should at least ask the new inn, but last time I was in there there were not many vege options

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Definately the 3 Amigo's, Fantastic Food. New Inn is just ok, nothing to complain about, just a bit average.

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
The indian restaurant in Hurstpierpoint is usually pretty decent and they do a selection of milder currys plus of course plenty of veggie options.

The Sportsman at Goddards Green isn't bad now its re-opened, its certainly a lot more inviting in terms of decor. I've been there a couple of times and would go back although its not particularly special and the evening menu can be a bit limited. Similarly, the Plough at Pyecombe is okay - they do have a large menu and I was surprised how good their fajitas were although they weren't very busy at the time so not sure thats a good sign!! :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here