Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good blog on Albion ---Merged*3----

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Thats a really good read, liked the Poyet quote at the end.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
I love the way Gus talks about us as if we're all one big family
"We are Brighton and we have got an identity about the way we play."
Not "This is Brighton " but "We are Brighton"
Speaks volumes :bowdown:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Very positive. Almost sounds too good to be true.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Good read, though I still cringe when I read when commentators and writers refer to the Bournemouth game when FELLOW BRIGHTON FANS were calling for the ball to launched forward hoof-style.

That embarrassment will be haunting us for a while yet... :facepalm:

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Just saw this myself - nice to be featured on the main BBC Sports page. Really good article. Always nice to be noticed, eh? :albion2:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Good read, though I still cringe when I read when commentators and writers refer to the Bournemouth game when FELLOW BRIGHTON FANS were calling for the ball to launched forward hoof-style.

That embarrassment will be haunting us for a while yet... :facepalm:

yeah, a shame a few twats get mentioned and the response at Charlton, 1000s of fans ole-ing our passing movement from the off, doesn't.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
The only thing that pissed me off was about the Amex "The design might not be staggeringly original - falling roughly in line with plenty of modern English grounds"!!! WHAT?!? Its one of the most original new stadiums build for bloody years!

Great apart from that though :)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I didn't know we had a full time video analyst - I wonder who it is and exactly what the role involves? Typical that the Argus haven't picked up on it!

Also that training sessions are so short - presumably that is just the physical element?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The only thing that pissed me off was about the Amex "The design might not be staggeringly original - falling roughly in line with plenty of modern English grounds"!!! WHAT?!? Its one of the most original new stadiums build for bloody years!

Great apart from that though :)

until you look at Le Havre by the same consultants which is truly original and absolutely stunning (of course we would never have got something that innovative through planning which was/is the key issue and the reason we have got what we have got)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I didn't know we had a full time video analyst - I wonder who it is and exactly what the role involves? Typical that the Argus haven't picked up on it!

Thats Charlie. He sits around all day after training watching videos from Blockbuster, and chooses what to take on the team coach for away trips.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
yeah, a shame a few twats get mentioned and the response at Charlton, 1000s of fans ole-ing our passing movement from the off, doesn't.
If anyone is registered on that site, I hope they could highlight this in the comments section.

How many people were really calling for it to be lumped forward? The truth is that people are positively comfortable with our defenders stroking it about looking for gaps these days!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If anyone is registered on that site, I hope they could highlight this in the comments section.

How many people were really calling for it to be lumped forward? The truth is that people are positively comfortable with our defenders stroking it about looking for gaps these days!

There were a couple of voices a few rows behind me last night calling for it to be lumped forward after a minute of the back four passing it between themselves.

To be fair, it was only about two people but it's clear that everyone is comfortable with defenders stroking it around

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here