Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good BBC interview with John Lydon

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This is the punk who sold out basically to the filthy lucre...now advertises butter and appears in reality shows as well as living in luxury in the US.

Have NO respect for the guy whatsoever.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
He's both unbelievably arrogant yet also highly amusing in his anecdotes and 'nasal' style of delivery.

Loved his comment about Malcolm McLarern's death - 'Rest in pieces'! :thumbsup:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
This is the punk who sold out basically to the filthy lucre...now advertises butter and appears in reality shows as well as living in luxury in the US.

AGREE 100%. The first time I saw the butter ad I nearly vomited at the hypocrisy! The great rock and roll sell out!

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes

Didn't most of them? Ron Moody as Fagin sang in "Oliver, "In this life one thing counts in the bank large amounts", the only difference with Mr Lydon is that he probably sings "In this f***ing life, one f***ing thing counts, in the bank f***ing large amounts".

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I have personally never liked the guy, although the Sex Pistols were a good thing. I wouldn't critisise anyone for "selling out", we all like to make money and I can kind of see the funny side of the butter ads. It's the way he still carries on as if he is smashing the system. He clearly is not and makes him look a bit pathetic. I don't blame him for making the cash just don't behave as if you are some kind of rebel, that ended decades ago Johnny!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Love the Pistols, but don't see Johnny though rose tinted glasses.
He always contradicts himself and for that he's good entertainment so long as you don't take him too seriously.

Last edited:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
"Ever had the felling you've been had?" He's still doing it now! Wake up!!

The actual quote was ”ever get the feeling you been cheated” (then thud as the mike hits the floor) He was actually referring to himself being cheated by Malcolm

January 14th 1978 Winterland :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here