Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good / Bad Omens

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I had a coffee out of my lucky Brighton cup this morning, each time I have for this we have won (I know I should have done this more and we would have won the league. Sorry :-()

Then my bus was late which usually indicates the start of a bad day - BAD OMEN

however while I was waiting 2 seagulls flew past. And, more important no eagles. GOOD OMEN - we will win 2-0

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Woken up with man flu - bad omen.

All my lucky clothes are set for the home game Monday, I don't want to use it up on the away match, so have gone for the clothing we usually draw with!!!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
My alarm clock woke me up to "heroes" by David Bowie. Then I realised that my aductor injury seemed to be niggling me this morning. I equate that to one of two scenarios:

- we will win without Vicente who has aggravated his aductor
- we will win and Vicente will be the hero

Just about to leave the house and "Get Lucky" by Daft Punk came on!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
According to BBC Championship play off stats...

Bad: Teams finishing 4th only have a 15% success rate of promotion

Good: The team with the best current form going into the play offs have a 55% success rate of promotion

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I have my lucky shirt as well, have worn it to the amex since the last game against the scum so i take full resposibility for the form we have been in of late.

Sorry mate, its my lucky shirt that's done it for the last 10 games although it is starting to smell now :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Last Monday, I was driving on the M25 back from Winchester when I found myself more or less driving side by side regualrly next to a car with a Palace scarf in the back window. I, of course, have a BHA car sticker.

Ten minutes later, near the A3 junction a car caught us with a BHA sticker. I didn't see any more BHA/CP cars after pulling off at the Reigate junction. Final score, BHA 2-1 CP

This morning on the train in, the only sign of any Albion or Palace clobber was a bloke sitting down wearing an Albion tracksuit top. Final score, BHA 1-0 CP

Brighton win 3-1 on aggregate and go to Wembley.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Woke up this morning with a mother of all headaches, you know the type, full on drinking shots and stuff....I don't drink so thats not good! Turned the pc on, that went bang! 3 hours to sort it out and now my bloody lighter has run out of gas. They say things happen in threes, so we're sorted for tonight:thumbsup:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
SYDENHAM.jpg

My mate is a Chelsea fan. He's in Sydenham this morning and thought I'd like this picture from the window of the bookies up there is Pikey country

They clearly don't fancy it.

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
When we got in her car yesterday evening Mrs Swagbag offered me one of her sweets.
It was a Murray Mint FFS!
Bad omen.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Had a horrific dream that we were smashed 3-1 with Bridcutt being sent off. Greer had a shocker and scored an own goal and set up the other two. Poyet then put me (yes me) up front and I managed to get one back due to some excellent individual skill. 3-1 would not be game over, 3-0 would be very hard to come back from in the reverse leg.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Had a horrific dream that we were smashed 3-1 with Bridcutt being sent off. Greer had a shocker and scored an own goal and set up the other two. Poyet then put me (yes me) up front and I managed to get one back due to some excellent individual skill. 3-1 would not be game over, 3-0 would be very hard to come back from in the reverse leg.

Hope you're bringing your boots

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Are you Kazenga Lua Lua?

Funnell

Jan 10, 2012
I took a dump, instantly thought great, this is a one wipe wonder. It wasn't. Only second time in my life I have been wrong about this. Not sure what it means.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
First song that popped up on my ipod, which is on shuffle, in the car this morning( only on there because my wife insisted ...honest) was Take That - Greatest Day. How can it go wrong?

THE GREATEST DAY Lyrics - TAKE THAT

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I was thinking about the game whilst gardening yesterday, looked up at the roof and two seagulls were standing on it. I took that as a good sign.

Came into work and my Brighton mug was sat on my desk, unwashed from Friday, bad omen, so I quickly and lovingly washed it in an extra special way, good omen restored.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Put on my brighton shirt this morning, it was abit chilly so I thought you know what IMW2 "get another t-shirt on underneath.

Sitting in starbucks for the free wifi, I check what t shirt it is I have on and low and behold its only my 2004 millenium playoff final one, which as far as I can remember was in the loft.

Dont know about you but I'm taking this as a positive Omen

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Black cat crossed my path several times this morning until I fed her.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here