Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good article about wealth and happiness

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
good article but didn't quite know what the last bloke was going on about? 100k a year salary but cannot afford to dine at The Ivy?!?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Money alone doesn't make you happy. But you can use it to do things that make you happy.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I think you get to a certain level of earning where the amount of money you bring in is less of an issue. Certainly for me I've probably reached that level in the last year or so, and it no longer concerns me, so lack of money is no longer a detraction from my happiness.

Would more money make me happier? I doubt it, I do all the things I really want to now. It'd make me more secure, but not happier.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I would rather be wealthy and depressed than poor and depressed

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Money gives you choices but doesn't make you happy.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Yorkie said:
Money gives you choices but doesn't make you happy.

To be honest are you qualified to answer that?

I'm more inclined to reference someone who has had no money at one point and a LOT of money at another point.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dwayne said:
To be honest are you qualified to answer that?

I'm more inclined to reference someone who has had no money at one point and a LOT of money at another point.

Is anyone qualified to answer that or only rich people?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Yorkie said:
Is anyone qualified to answer that or only rich people?

only people that have been poor and rich, so not people that have only been poor and not people that have only been rich.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Having gone from crippling debts and ultimately filing for bankruptcy, to having a steady well paid job and not a single outgoing expense other than my weekly beer spend I can honestly say that I was INFINITELY happier in the financially sound period of my life than when I was on the poverty line.

Utter tosh that money doesn't bring you happiness.

Without money your life is hindered, so you cannot do everything you'd like to. When you've got the money to do as you please, these frustrations go away.

It is only the poor who claim you don't need money to be happy. You don't NEED it, but you certainly don't WANT to be without it

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bluejuice said:

Without money your life is hindered, so you cannot do everything you'd like to. When you've got the money to do as you please, these frustrations go away.

Which is what I said. It gives you choices.

Money doesn't help when you live with a chronic illness or your partner leaves you or a friend dies.
Happiness is friends, family, love, and respect. You cannot buy those things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here