Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

gonna rain all afternoon at withdean

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Anyone got a spare ticket for the match? :jester:

Funny you should say that. I had 2 freebie's in the North but Alex wimped out at the last mo.
TBF. he did work last night and is working again tonight so we didn't wake him until 1.00. he drove out there and we were parked up by Varndean rd with the rain tipping down, so he decided he'd drop me off & go home. So i had a north stand ticket I couldn't give away.

Mind you, still got soaked as on front row. As mentioned above, just about worst since Rochdale but the game was a cracker. Think if I had had a free south then I might have wimped out too.

In the north again for Derby.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Came home and had a long hot bath listening to the rather poor phone in then Mrs Hut cooked some steak, which was nice........

Marky

Well...
Mar 3, 2006
WR1
I think there was something wrong with the ponchos today, I got soaked.

Knight Out.

:laugh:

Agree. They even ran out of ketchup at the burger van at half time :ohmy:

Dick Tight simply HAS to go.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Yeah, and some clumsy cunt barged into me knocking my hot chocolate on my hand.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Thank heavens for working central heating and hot water. Had a bath on getting in, and yes everything was soaked, but what a day though. Topped off with phoning Krispies tonight who was in the Family Stand with his nephew for his first game, and the young lad loved every minute, and wants to go again.

I've had a quite evening in, and feel like I have got a cold coming on, and have dosed up with Beechams.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I was saturated!! Got in and the bath was run for me, peeled clothes off and jumped in hot bath with a nice cuppa tea!!

30 mins later back to normal self and very happy with the result (even though i only got to see one goal)

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
I was saturated!! Got in and the bath was run for me, peeled clothes off and jumped in hot bath with a nice cuppa tea!!

30 mins later back to normal self and very happy with the result (even though i only got to see one goal)

same for me... treat day.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Always a mark of how wet the game has been - the programme is currently in a right state, I don't think I'll be able to open it tomorrow when it's dry! Question is, do you keep the original as a souvenir of the rainy experience or do I go and buy another one for the anal collector in me?

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Always a mark of how wet the game has been - the programme is currently in a right state, I don't think I'll be able to open it tomorrow when it's dry! Question is, do you keep the original as a souvenir of the rainy experience or do I go and buy another one for the anal collector in me?

Must admit, for the first time ever, I didn't buy a programme today. It had taken me about 30 minutes to get all my wet weather gear on and it was only when I saw the programme seller I realised that it was going to be almost impossible to fish my money out, without letting rain in, and then I knew the programme would only end up a soggy mess so I'm buying a nice mint copy when I'm next in the club shop!

As a footnote, my wet weather gear was obviously not designed with the rigours of match watching at Withdean in mind, though I did stay fairly dry with the help of my old plastic poncho, there were still some leakages meaning I had the 4.5 hour drive home in soggy clothes and very wet shoes and socks but I didn't care as we won :yahoo:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The walk back to the station along "no access to withdean stadium" lane was fun.

We made a point of not going down there today, was probably a wise choice!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here