Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Golstone or Falmer

Goldstone or Falmer?

• Total voters

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It was a dump, but it was our dump. It was the dump where we beat leicester in the league cup, the dump where we hosted (under 21s?) england v italy with Gazza, it's the dump where so many father/son bonding trips took place. It was a dump with history and emotional attachment.

It's a good hypothetical question. I think I have to vote Goldstone. Every game I went to, EVERY ONE was in some way a special experience. Even crap football, the cold, the bruises and the shite food somehow always combined to make it a unique experience that you missed when you weren't there. I've been to new Wembley, the Emirates and various other new stadia and none of them could provide the same sort of experience. Withdean certainly doesn't and Falmer will be great in it's own way but I can't help thinking some element will be lost amongst all the "great facilities". The Goldstone was a dump, but what did you care when you were standing in the middle of the Noth stand surrounded by your mates?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
The League's safety restrictions made the Goldstone too small.But who remembers those upper 20 -30,000+ gates back in the day,the sway on the terracing,the singing stands (well,not the west stand,obviously) ?

Hope Falmer is not as sterile as some of the new places,but as an old codger I'll be glad of a seat in the new stadium to watch at least Championship football.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Definitely The Goldstone. Assuming we could progress equally at both places. I don't go to football for decent toilets and decent pies I go for atmosphere and obviously football.

Falmer. being all seater wont have anywhere near as much atmosphere and obviously no history so I would go for The Goldstone every time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here