Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Golfers of NSC...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Has anyone played LINGFIELD golf course apprently its right next to the racecourse?

If so, what did you think of it meant to be playing there quite soon?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Has anyone played LINGFIELD golf course apprently its right next to the racecourse?

Yeah a few times. Nice course as long as you've got a deal as the rock up and play prices are way too high IMO.

Quite allot of trees so you want to hope you are straight (oooerrrr missus) or you'll struggle (I had a stinker there once and scored 9 points I think and must have hit every tree on the course!!).

And yes it's right next to the race course in fact you cross over it twice. The 17th runs along side the stand rail.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
We have 3 rounds two nights stay at the hotel on sight B&B + Evening meal. marriot i think.

they give us £25 a day back to spend on lunch/booze/pro shop and its costing us around £210 obviously the £25 each day would be spent on booze anyway, so looking at £160 not sure if thats a good deal of not.

I have seen its meant to be quite narrow, as me and my driver have fallen out big time the last few weeks. think i might leave ot out of the bag and stick with the 3 wood and irons for the first round see how it goes.

iv brought 24 new srixons for the weekend, so should hopefully have enough balls if they do go astray in the trees, however used to Mid Sussex and as thats quite open i fear i will struggle.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I reckon that's a decent price, add up the component parts and it'll come to way more than that. Nice track - better designed and more difficult than I was prepared for - you should enjoy it ... how many balls you'll bring back is another thing!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
We have 3 rounds two nights stay at the hotel on sight B&B + Evening meal. marriot i think.

they give us £25 a day back to spend on lunch/booze/pro shop and its costing us around £210 obviously the £25 each day would be spent on booze anyway, so looking at £160 not sure if thats a good deal of not.

I have seen its meant to be quite narrow, as me and my driver have fallen out big time the last few weeks. think i might leave ot out of the bag and stick with the 3 wood and irons for the first round see how it goes.

iv brought 24 new srixons for the weekend, so should hopefully have enough balls if they do go astray in the trees, however used to Mid Sussex and as thats quite open i fear i will struggle.

The hotel is basically the club house and is overlooking the race course. Looks very nice, it's a reasonably new addition. Pro shop is pretty small but the bar is nice. Your £25 won't get you much over the bar though but it's a hotel so I guess you kinda expect that.

To be honest I thought it was more than £40 a round, perhaps it was the weekend prices I've looked at before. £40 is probably a bit steep for it but not by far comparing it to courses around that area.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I buy 2 boxes of Srixon soft-play every time I go into American Golf at Holmbush. Sometimes I go several round without losing one, sometimes I lose 3 on one hole ... that, as they say, is golf !!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I buy 2 boxes of Srixon soft-play every time I go into American Golf at Holmbush. Sometimes I go several round without losing one, sometimes I lose 3 on one hole ... that, as they say, is golf !!

what are they like? i got mine on a offer up at mid sussex, srixon blues, a33d or somthing like that, the soft play are the greens are they not?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

I was a member there for 20 years until recently (I left because they care more now about the Hotel visitors- many of whom have never played Golf before in their life - than the Club Members, and at £990 per year membership I thought that was taking the p1ss) anyway: it's a very nice course, it's tough and the greens should be in top condition just about now. There's a bit of water around the 13th and 15th and 17th so look out for that. The bunkers are (were) a bit inconsistent so I'd plan to avoid them if poss. Watch out for the road to the rhs of the 14th!!

The "Clubhouse" is just a Bar stitched onto the Hotel and the bar itself is tiny, so be prepared to wait to get served, bar prices are steep too. Don't expect civility or help from the "Junior Pro's" either.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I was a member there for 20 years until recently (I left because they care more now about the Hotel visitors- many of whom have never played Golf before in their life - than the Club Members, and at £990 per year membership I thought that was taking the p1ss) anyway: it's a very nice course, it's tough and the greens should be in top condition just about now. There's a bit of water around the 13th and 15th and 17th so look out for that. The bunkers are (were) a bit inconsistent so I'd plan to avoid them if poss. Watch out for the road to the rhs of the 14th!!

The "Clubhouse" is just a Bar stitched onto the Hotel and the bar itself is tiny, so be prepared to wait to get served, bar prices are steep too. Don't expect civility or help from the "Junior Pro's" either.

Really enjoyed the course, the greens were the best iv played on in a long time, they really bite, whoch i loved.

can see what you mean about being a member though, all seems geared to people staying at the hotel and people down for weekends away. Pro shop and bar very poor imo and hotel prices for a drink to!!!

Really Enjoyed the 17th, great challange trying to land the ball on a postage stamp of a green.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Really enjoyed the course, the greens were the best iv played on in a long time, they really bite, whoch i loved.

can see what you mean about being a member though, all seems geared to people staying at the hotel and people down for weekends away. Pro shop and bar very poor imo and hotel prices for a drink to!!!

Really Enjoyed the 17th, great challange trying to land the ball on a postage stamp of a green.

Glad you liked it - the 17th has ruined many a good scorecard =0)

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You can ask for a balconey room overlooking the race course at no extra cost, if ones free that is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here