Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Golf this weekend?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A rumour that is going around members at Rustington is that Langmead has acquired Ham Manor with a view of extending Rustington into 18. Keeping the courses seperate though...
The empty Unit next to Esporta, is being proposed to be made into an 'American Golf'
How true all this is I dont know but have heard from the same from different people.
Ham Manor is so 'old skool' I'm surprised Louis Theroux hasn't done a documentary there!

For SL to have purchased it, HM have either really really screwed up their admission policy and are flat broke or he has waved an incredible large amount of cash under the members noses.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
Sunday I'm playing Hassocks, and got the day off tuesday for a little trek to Chartham Park (never played it before, anyone else?). Looking forward to it, driving like an absolute tit at the moment but the quicker the greens get the happier I'll be putting so swings and roundabouts.

Chartham Park is a good American style golf course. Lovely greens but can get busy, lovely clubhouse and food though. It's one of my favourite course in the east grinstead area, along with my home course royal ashdown.

paul381

Apr 22, 2008
Sunday I'm playing Hassocks, and got the day off tuesday for a little trek to Chartham Park (never played it before, anyone else?). Looking forward to it, driving like an absolute tit at the moment but the quicker the greens get the happier I'll be putting so swings and roundabouts.

played at Chartham Park last week was in fantastic nic

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Just wondering like................. can the Amex be seen from any of the holes at East Brighton Golf Course?

markw

Aug 28, 2009
Do they give you a 7 or a 9 with a putter?

Are youy saying its a short course? Put your money where your mouth is? £100 down now against you on medal and only played it twice but a quality course, i am not suited as i am a big hitter and hit 240 yd drives.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
How did everyone get on over the weekend then?

I personally had a complete stinker, could not get my short game going what so ever, had 1, 4 putt and 3, 3 putts :facepalm:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I personally had a complete stinker, could not get my short game going what so ever, had 1, 4 putt and 3, 3 putts :facepalm:

Steady but not spectacular. Did an hour on the range Fri, and hour on Sun, then a full round yesterday. Was ok, but not quite what I was hoping for. Would like to be playing this w/e, but have no-one to play with (and the weather doesn't look good at the mo).

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
no offence but i wouldnt consider a person who hits 240 yard drives as a 'big hitter'

Would tend to agree. These days with the modern 460 drivers, 240 probably isn't considered particularly long. Having said that, if I could do that straight & consistently I'd be qute happy.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
2010 course at Celtic Manor.

Awful greens I have to say, overpriced but a great experience. Holing the winning putt on 17th in our match play comp, priceless.

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
Im new to the game,

I played on Friday and shot 123

Then played again on Monday and shot 108

My aim is to be getting sub 100 by the end of summer.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004

I finally sorted out my pitching after weeks of miss hitting but my putting was dreadful, made the green in 2 on a par 5 then took 3.

Oh, I may have lost a few balls along the way aswell :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here