Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Golf club recommendations?

Staypuft

Sep 21, 2006
Lewes
Depends how much money you have to spend to be perfectly honest.

If you havent got much and you are abit of a beginner then Hassocks would be your best bet in my opinion as it caters for all levels of golfer and is only about £500 a year i think.

Lewes somebody said was below par...not in my opinion, the greens are always immaculate and the course is never as far as i am aware closed due to the course being on chalk. It is quite pricey if i remember rightly though, i play there 2 or 3 times a year as the father in law is a member, it gets windy but is a good challenge.
the views from up there are also excellent.

Have you looked into H/Heath golf Club ?....ive only ever had a couple of lessons there but it looks very nice indeed.

Spot On.

Pycombe also good as like Lewes you can play there all year round . Its a shame about the last 3 holes as they let the rest of the course down. Should also consider Brighton & Hove.

Singing Hills nice in summer and its a shame that Mid-Sussex gets so wet as its very welcoming.

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
Mid-Sussex is a very nice course, but then i dident really use to play too much in the winter.

was i member for a year but gave up because my ball spent too much time in the woods.

scooter1

How soon is now?
If I was to join a club it would be Singing Hills. With 3 9s to chose from you get a lot of variety and all 3 9s I love. The course is generally kept very well, but I'm told it can get a bit muddy in winter. The restaurant looks rather nice too.

And they have Orangeboom on draught, you don't get that in many places these days. Although funnily enough they also sell it at Hassocks gc. I wonder if the Orangeboom rep is a golfer??

BALDISBEAUTIFUL

Apr 4, 2004
Brighton
Clubs north of the downs suffer in wet weather. The Dyke is the best club in the area. If you want to try it sometime give me a call. 07817 982930 - but you must be Albion through and through!

Barry

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Bit further afield but Piltdown is a lovely course. There are no bunkers on the course but instead mounds of heather to replace them. If your ball goes in there then you might as well put yourself down for a ten. Very friendly club in a beautiful setting with lots of comps. Not sure on prices though.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
I am a member at West Hove.....if you want to avoid golf snobs/idiots then its not the club for you....i will not be renewing my membership next year after seeing the way they treat people.

Singing Hills is a good club with 3x9 holes so you can mix it up a bit...but it becomes a swamp in winter....am playing there tomorrow so am going to squeeze in a bit of bog snorkling while i'm there....its gonna be muddy.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I thought about joining a club a couple of years ago and there just isn't one that I thought good enough.

Singing Hills is OK, played it quite a lot, but gets a bit dull and as others have stated gets very wet. It wouldn't be my choice.

Hassocks, winter its muddy, summer its very slow and packed with beginners.

Mid sussex nice course but gets wet.

The Dyke is a good course and is well kept. Can you put up with wind?

Waterhall, no no no no no. Just too hilly and 2ft rough!

East Brighton is another good course, windy but mainly dry except for a couple of holes in the valley. Great views across Brighton and the sea. My favourite in the area.

Cottersmore has 2 full 18 holes but new course is a bit shitty.Old course is good plus there's a health club thingy.

Mannings Heath is lovely but pricey and full of poss twats.

Pyecombe not played but heard it's a bit snobby.

Play them all and ask yourself, could you play the same course every week and if you like the people?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
2 nice courses in Seaford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here