Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone Video

BTW - Those are the guys that produced the Albion Videos around that time. Us and Sutton United, apparently. Shame they decided to do the commentaries themselves.

Edit - have a look at the bottom of that website. Last update was in 1998. Kneon Light is your man as I know he is looking to sell his collection.

Last edited:

The Kemp Brothers did the official recordings of matches in the early/mid 90s. I have pretty much all of them. They are fine - although the commentaries are a bit shite. As a historical record, though, they are well worth having.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
I recently bought a copy of Cardiff's 5-3 victory at the Goldstone in 1994 from these guys. It was fine.

And what an extraordinary game THAT was.....

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
fatbadger said:
The Kemp Brothers did the official recordings of matches in the early/mid 90s. I have pretty much all of them. They are fine - although the commentaries are a bit shite. As a historical record, though, they are well worth having.

They were great! An awful lot better than the rubbish videos at the moment.

niknokseagull

Give us a biscuit
Oct 8, 2003
London
Agreed. Absolutely sound. Bought two vids and a DVD of them just a matter of weeks ago. Well worth getting.

Ever so slightly dissappointed with the Goldstone memories as it only contained a few clips from anything pre-90's. However, if you want a complete record of how things all started to go wrong (on the pitch that is) then it's great.

Some marvellous scenes obviously during the later seasons (97, etc). Makes all your hairs stand up <ahem> remembering what is was like actually being there. Brings it all home. Also reminds you just how bad the Goldstone got. God, I miss it but it was a mess in the last few years.

Repugnant Toad said:
They were great! An awful lot better than the rubbish videos at the moment.

I take it (hope) you are being ironic. The length was the only redeeming feature of the Kemp brothers videos. Commentator Kemp keeps making reference to 'that player' from the opposition. And get's the references to goals in the wrong place. And is completely emotionless to the last game at the Goldstone. And they seem to have used an Amiga to do their credits.

IMHO, The Videosport ones from the early 90's were better with a half decent commentator who at least knew the names of the opposition. The current with Des and Skint music are much, much better quality - just too short and too lacking in highlights for the money asked. I know why the price needs to be as it is due to the limited demand but at least give us our money's worth.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
The quality of those videos is crap. It's no better than camcorder really! Although the currently video's are very short but the production and picture quality is 1000 times better!

See-Goals said:
Website please, also interested.

Cheers

Errr just seen it at the top of the page :shootself

Charles Kemp doesn't sell through his website anymore, put he puts his videos regularly on ebay though.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
London Irish said:
Charles Kemp doesn't sell through his website anymore, put he puts his videos regularly on ebay though.

That's where I got the Cardiff 94 video from.

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
This may be a bit off-subject but if you're interested in a really old video of the Goldstone the Pathe News site http://www.britishpathe.com/ has Arsenal training at the Goldstone with sound from 1938. No old Brighton film from the Goldstone, but there's a really old soundless 1930 clip of 'gallant little Brighton' being slaughtered 3-0 by Newcastle on Tyneside in the Cup. You have to register but the site allows you to download low-res clips for free, or you pay an exorbitant fee to get them in hi-res. Very interesting site though. Just type in Brighton football (or similar) in the search box to show up the two available Albion clips.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
The Laughing Bluebird said:
I recently bought a copy of Cardiff's 5-3 victory at the Goldstone in 1994 from these guys. It was fine.

And what an extraordinary game THAT was.....

i remember that game - im sure it was pissing it down and the traffic was a mare - got in late but was a f***ing cracking game and atmosphere!!

:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here