Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Goldstone Season Ticket

D

Deleted member 2719

Lots of gig tickets, back stage passes, flyers and posters. and car racing memorabilia ( Goodwood/LeMans competitor stuff and a few trophies) A really nice pohoto of my lad getting a Laurel wreath from Stirling Moss after winning the pedal car race at Godwood.

a lump of East terrace is cherished in the same display cabinet.

That must have been a proud dad moment when he won that.

Serious question:

I thought only the rich and privileged could enter in that pedal car race? What is the procedure to be able to enter it?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
That must have been a proud dad moment when he won that.

Serious question:

I thought only the rich and privileged could enter in that pedal car race? What is the procedure to be able to enter it?

It was, kind of made up for Derek Bell smashing my car up!!!

Goodwood is a bit special . . . You kind of need to let them know you exist, and hope you get invited, mere mortals do get a go once in a while, for the pedal car race it was ( 2012&13 ) a case of getting a car and mum/Dad were racing as well. . . I'd imagine ts more of a corporate bun fight and the Fortisque-Farkrights because Pater went to school with Lord March. There have been some cracking names on the entry list :rolleyes:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Goodwood is a bit special . . . You kind of need to let them know you exist, and hope you get invited, mere mortals do get a go once in a while, for the pedal car race it was ( 2012&13 ) a case of getting a car and mum/Dad were racing as well. . . I'd imagine ts more of a corporate bun fight and the Fortisque-Farkrights because Pater went to school with Lord March. There have been some cracking names on the entry list :rolleyes:

I'm still trying to work out whether your surname is Hamilton or Button. :wink:

D

Deleted member 2719

I see Derek was pusing a dementia support track day thing a Goodwood recently, unfortunate for me Covid stopped me going with my father.
As family day outs you can't beat it whether your public or competitor, fortunately i have been both sides too, but getting any entry to the pedal car rates up their with the big motorsport events of all time!

Strangely we seem to have similar hobbies, albeit your is more hands on. Mine would have been!
We do have a partial connection with Bell, in that my mother worked for his cousin for year's and he was always visiting. I also have a connection with lord March.........but that is more ancestor connected!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
:D I think it was down the adur rec in Shoreham she did them.

Yes car boot sales were quite a thing back in the day, so many fields seemed to be full of cars with owners trying sell all sort of tat, or occasionally bargains, out of the back of them, most weekends.

Waned a lot in popularity now, but you still come across the occasional one.

D

Deleted member 2719

Just found my lovely late dad's treasured season tickets for 1987/88 and 88/89.
West Stand Block H, Row K, 123.
That's something else I'll never be able to throw away!
Anyone else keep similar items they just can't throw away (not just Albion memorabilia).

Where was block H in the west stand?........the reason I ask is i have a seat from the west stand in the loft, and the number seem very similar to your late fathers, from memory.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Where was block H in the west stand?........the reason I ask is i have a seat from the west stand in the loft, and the number seem very similar to your late fathers, from memory.

Pretty central. My dad always said he was by the Directors Box.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I see Derek was pusing a dementia support track day thing a Goodwood recently, unfortunate for me Covid stopped me going with my father.
As family day outs you can't beat it whether your public or competitor, fortunately i have been both sides too, but getting any entry to the pedal car rates up their with the big motorsport events of all time!

Strangely we seem to have similar hobbies, albeit your is more hands on. Mine would have been!
We do have a partial connection with Bell, in that my mother worked for his cousin for year's and he was always visiting. I also have a connection with lord March.........but that is more ancestor connected!

If Derek champions anything it should be eye care. He's as blind as a bat these days, his eye sight wasn't great 8 years ago. He drove pretty well in 2011, but was dog slow in '13, didnt get any heat in the brakes, snatched one and caused a big smash up. The Goodwood book say my cars steering broke . . . Well I've won races since and its still got the same bits in it. The icing on the cake was having a rant at Mrs Zef in the paddock afterwards saying the car was shit. He then stomped off in a huff and left her close to tears. ****.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211030-104504.jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-104504.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 26

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here