Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone mementos.

Jason Speaks

Feb 4, 2004
Portslade
West Stand seat from roughly where I sat on my first visit to the Goldstone.

Peg from the North Goal.

The Tannoy tapes. with B.H.A.F.C. written on them.

Bit of the North crossbar.

My brother took the telephone from the Tannoy box but some bloke stole it from him. If you're out there shame on you.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I to got a piece of goal-net with the help of a very nice
policeman who just happened to have a pen-knife on his
being and who very kindly cut me some net off.It was too
bloody wet to get the turf mud everywhere..the wife would'nt
have been impressed.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
West stand seat, bit of net probably courtesy of Bwian too.:)

My grass is till alive and well. Planted it in back garden and dug it up when my folks moved and it's still going in their garden.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Cheers Bwian... I've got a bit of the North Stand net that you cut off for me!

I was very proud too to get a good chunk of pitch. Got home very emotional and my mum came into her own, bless her. She got some soil from the back garden, found a big pot, lovingly planted the turf for me and caught the mood perfectly when she said, "As long as this turf survives, there'll always be an Albion".

It died about 2 weeks later.

Stupid old bat.

:lolol:

Incredigull

In Cervesio Felicitas
Nov 28, 2003
Mile Oak
Turf (survived)
Seat from South Stand, part of advert board.
Players shirt ,worn on the day (offers ??!)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Cheers for the net, Bwian. :thumbsup:

Also got a bit of turf from the North goal penalty area. Also got the exit signs marked '39' and '40'. Never knew of the existence on Nos 1-38. Spookily, straight after the game, me and my mate went down to the Prince George for some food, and lo and behold, the order numbers we received were nos 39 & 40.

I also remember two people taking one of the big advertisement hoardings (face it - there weren't that many there in those days), with as much booty as they could carry stacked on top. It was like the Goldstone was being carried off on a stretcher.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The Large One said:
Cheers for the net, Bwian. :thumbsup:

All part of the service :lolol:

That net disappeared in no time at all.

It was a very surreal period of time, people sitting in the strangest places holding a piece of turf, the sound of the whole ground being torn apart, kicked apart. Everybody looking for stuff that wasn't set in concrete, older fans misty eyed.

I will never forget that day-it was f**king horrible.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
trueblue said:
Cheers Bwian... I've got a bit of the North Stand net that you cut off for me!

It's weird, initially I thought they might need the nets for a reserve game. Then I looked behind me at the pitch and it was starting to look like a strip mine :lolol:

Yoda

English & European
Not quite the Goldstone but I've got a seat from the Dell.

Remember the Saints fans holding theirs above their heads singing 'We've got our seats' then us lot ripping out the seats in the away end singing 'We're gonna build our new ground':lolol:

Still got it somewhere!:shootself

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
i got a section of the goalpost and a cassette player from commentry box. the 2 lads next to me were taking the twin record decks at the time of me taking the tape deck.:lolol:

Jul 20, 2003
IF I should die, think only this of me:
That there's some corners of gardens in Pevensey Bay, Willingdon, Uckfield, Hove and Bexhill-on-Sea
That is forever Goldstone. There shall be
In that rich earth a richer dust concealed;
A dust whom Crumplin bore, shaped, made aware,
Gave, once, his hopeful punts upfield, his direction oft wayward,
A body of North Standers, breathing brackish catering smells,
Washed by the Chivers, blest by the sons of home games.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Biggest momento of The Goldstone is the topsoil which now lives on the M25 embankment near the Reigate exit, South side.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
if we could return all these pieces of goldstone to falmer we could re create our own goldstone, thus saving the club shit loads of money, so they could then build us a team worthy of the premership once again.:dunce:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I've got the "NORTH WEST TERRACE" sign, torn off in broad daylight about three weeks before the last game and measuring in at 8ft x 1.5ft. After removal a 'casual' stroll across the Old Shoreham Road and a failed attempt to fit in in my mates car led to it being stashed in the bushes in the park awaiting my return at night-time where, disguising it using bin liners and sellotape, I walked with the fugging thing all the way to the Old Steine where I was living at the time. Now stored in a Seaford safe house.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here