Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone mementos.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Just looking through my loft and i came across a piece of goal net and a west stand seat.

I remember someone took the centre spot and had it growing in an urn to put in the new ground.Anyone know if its still alive and growing.

Also did anyone else see 2 blokes carrying out the 1960's record player from the weststand,one on each end.That was quite funny,even on that day.:falmer: :falmer: :falmer: :falmer:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I've still got a toilet seat, but it's in my mum's house, because I lived there at the time.

She went a bit angry when I attached it to the actual toilet we had in our bathroom, and demanded it was taken off again.

Oh, and I did use lots of Dettol when I got it home, by the way.

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
I've a few scraps of rotting wood with flaky blue paint on.

Utterly pathetic but treated with the reverence normally afforded a long-established religious deity.

Will exchange for toilet seat.
:lol:

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I was in the North Stand that day and after the game I climbed my way into West Stand to take the seat I used to sit in. It took a bloody great effort to prise the seat away and I was knackered afterwards.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I have part of a west stand seat and half of a blue south stand seat, those things were a killer to snap off their hinges. Would have broke a lot easier with Archers head I believe :lolol:

Planted a piece of pitch at the parent's house, but have no idea exactly where it is now.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Caveman said:
I have part of a west stand seat and half of a blue south stand seat, those things were a killer to snap off their hinges. Would have broke a lot easier with Archers head I believe :lolol:

Planted a piece of pitch at the parent's house, but have no idea exactly where it is now.

I have a whole south stand one, it was surprising how easilly it came away with a big size 11 behind it.

One day will get around to putting it up in the garden.

Also have the FL sign from the side of the tunnel.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
gazwag said:
I believe the clock from the south west corner is above the pool table in the Castle pub in Bexhill

I always wondered what had happened to that clock! I remember hearing on Southern FM not long after the Doncaster game that the club shop had dropped the centre spot and it basically fell into pieces.

:eek: :dunce:

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I've got the first piece of goal net from the North goal (I was the one there with a penknife:lolol: ).

Also grabbed a West Stand seat as near as I could remember where my grandfather used to have his season ticket....

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Were not going for a full list are we?

i have the Safety plans (printed ones) of the Goldstone (used to have 2 but gave one set via Tim Carder to a chap building a scale model out of matchsticks).

I have the ground rules poster (you know what's banned from within the ground etc.)

and loads of other bits and bobs (the magnetic strips used too plan the policing of the ground and surrounding area, they are stuck to the side of my freezer)

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Got a blue south stand seat and a 2x2 ft patch of my lawn was originally taken from the pitch in front of the west stand.

Happy days...

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
I've got a south stand seat (Seem to remember an old dear having a go at me because if it was broken no one could sit on it ~ erm?) also have an exit sign from the south stand too.

Bwian said:
(I was the one there with a penknife:lolol: ).

In that case, thank you! :clap:

Got a piece of net from the north goal (courtesy of Bwian and now draped over a framed arial photo of The Goldstone), and a complete seat from the South Stand. Also got a square foot of turf from the south penalty area but that sadly died after a couple of years. :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here