Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone .... Leeds & Portsmouth (Sorry Ian Chapman)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I could be wrong, but I heard somewhere that Chapmans effort "for" Leeds won OG of the season that year. Anyone able to confirm?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I remember Brighton on the pitch taunting Pompey after the game. The Pompey lads kicked down the wooden partition in the North East Terrace and ran on to the pitch, at which point the Brighton fans on the pitch ran away.

Bit embarrassing really.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
I remember Brighton on the pitch taunting Pompey after the game. The Pompey lads kicked down the wooden partition in the North East Terrace and ran on to the pitch, at which point the Brighton fans on the pitch ran away.

Bit embarrassing really.

That was a different game, in the evening. We put a stop to their play off chances with a 2-1 win. Raphael Meade scored a peach. Can't remember who got the other one, but Anderton came on as sub and was a class above everyone else. Got it back to 2-1 and if the game had gone on for 10 more minutes we'd probably have lost!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That was a different game, in the evening. We put a stop to their play off chances with a 2-1 win. Raphael Meade scored a peach. Can't remember who got the other one, but Anderton came on as sub and was a class above everyone else. Got it back to 2-1 and if the game had gone on for 10 more minutes we'd probably have lost!

I also remember Fozzie standing on Paul Walsh's ankle, putting their best player out of the game after about 5 minutes. Proper defending that!:albion2:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I could be wrong, but I heard somewhere that Chapmans effort "for" Leeds won OG of the season that year. Anyone able to confirm?

On Saint & Greavsie, yes yes it did.

Not surprising really. It was f***ing hilarious.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Nice but of AGGRO for Wookie to have a wank over too at the end of that Pompey game. :thumbsup:

I've just stumbled over the live Bournemouth away game that was fully televised. It has the pitch invasion and the Albion fans chasing the Bournemouth fans, then a load of police belting everyone. Some fan does a mooney on the pitch at the Bournemouth fans, the Brighton fan then gets whacked over the head by a policeman :D.
Bit nasty if honest. It was after the announcement by Bellotti that we would ground share with Portsmouth, which only helped wind the fans up that day.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Loving the Pompey scum one, just sent it to my Pompey mate.

I remember going to that game on the trai as a skinny young scamp. I said to my mate that I wondered if that twat with the bell would be there. What I didn't know was that the blokes next to us were Pompey fans and one of them asked the other if he'd brought his bell with him. At which point I shut up and looked out the window until getting off at Aldrington.

Aldrington, eh? Don't suppose you were shy of a train ticket perchance? ?????????:laugh:

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I've just stumbled over the live Bournemouth away game that was fully televised. It has the pitch invasion and the Albion fans chasing the Bournemouth fans, then a load of police belting everyone. Some fan does a mooney on the pitch at the Bournemouth fans, the Brighton fan then gets whacked over the head by a policeman :D.
Bit nasty if honest. It was after the announcement by Bellotti that we would ground share with Portsmouth, which only helped wind the fans up that day.
put it on youtube cavey i was apparently on the telly that day

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
The years all merge when you get older but I'd guess at 94 or 95 time. the Bournemouth game was live on meridian which made it fair game for a demo.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

Here is the link mentioned. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWz3JXarVqQ

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here