Attachments

• pig23.jpg
    pig23.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 139

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Isnt there a couple in More Than 90 Mins as well???

I havent opened mine in years

**bad memories**

**WARNING:description of a SAD photo. Don't read if you don't want to be reminded of the goldstone's sad demise...**

Yes. There's one particularly evocative one of a mound of earth, perhaps 10 feet high somewhere on what a few weeks previously would have been the pitch. Peaking above the pile of soil are two of the flood lights. Flying above is a solitary seagull.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Bye bye Mr Big Bad Wolf!

The subject of the Goldstone being demolished should be banned from NSC for ever.....or until Falmer is built, whichever is the longest!

Attachments

• pig25.jpg
    pig25.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 134

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Pics of the last day at the Goldstone have appeared on this forum several times before. Why after all these years the apparent squeamishness? As I recall, the sadness of the day was negated somewhat (a) because we got a draw and stood a better chance of staying in the league and (b) there was a good-natured humour in the scramble to nick souvenirs. I didn't see many people face down on the pitch and sobbing at the time.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Monkey Man said:
Pics of the last day at the Goldstone have appeared on this forum several times before. Why after all these years the apparent squeamishness? As I recall, the sadness of the day was negated somewhat (a) because we got a draw and stood a better chance of staying in the league and (b) there was a good-natured humour in the scramble to nick souvenirs. I didn't see many people face down on the pitch and sobbing at the time.

Fair enough, and memories/photos of that day are truly bitter sweet. But the actual demolition and subsequent conversion into a crappy retail park is nothing but agony, which no-one likes to be reminded of.

Walking away after the Donny game that day remains the last time I ever set foot in that part of the world. I've not even driven past the site of where the Goldstone used to be, not once, ever since. It helps not living in Sussex, but as my promise to never revist nears a decade of being successfully maintained, I for one don't want to be looking at pictures.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here