Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone Heritage Board

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
In the south-west corner of Hove Park, at the new Goldstone Heritage Board which is to be unveiled at 10am on Saturday, 30 July.

I know this has been mentioned on other threads, but thought it was deserving of it's own thread incase anyone had missed it.

:bhasign:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
intrigued.

what exactly is it? I mean - obviously a board of some sort but what exactly is on it and was it commissioned by the club/the council/public..........?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
great leaflet and I will do the walk one day when I get the chance although sadly I am none the wiser on what the Board actually is/contains.
Maybe it's just me being pedantic but I wondered if it was just a simple name board or whether it gave a history of the ground (and perhaps the nefarious deeds of those who betrayed the club)?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It gives the history of the Goldstone ground on one side and the history of the goldstone itself on the other. Dick Knight is doing the unveiling.

ward is god

Dec 26, 2008
Somerset near Yeovil
We are going to the unveiling tomorrow. I still can't think of the Goldstone without a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye. I have never been back to the site so hope tomorrow will finally help me move on.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
We are going to the unveiling tomorrow. I still can't think of the Goldstone without a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye.

Amen to that.
Sending a cheque for a nominal contribution to the cost of the Board. It sounds just the job. :thumbsup:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
What could it be?

Attachments

• P1060724.JPG
    P1060724.JPG
    968.6 KB · Views: 132

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here