Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone Ground

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
This video should be played on the screen at the new stadium when it opens. It would show the new supporters what it was like for the old'uns, and the history they inherit.

I used to bloody love Gerry Ryan. In a manly way, obviously.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
:cry: at least we have the memories.
The Goldstone - birthplace of Fans United.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
This video should be played on the screen at the new stadium when it opens. It would show the new supporters what it was like for the old'uns, and the history they inherit.

I used to bloody love Gerry Ryan. In a manly way, obviously.

Marvellous!

Attachments

• ryan.jpg
    ryan.jpg
    506.7 KB · Views: 114

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
That video is simply superb!

I grew up on the North Stand, and hate the fact that my son has watched almost all his Albion home games at a converted athletics track.

I was in the North Stand when Case scored against Norwich in the quatre final - look how packed in we were that day!!

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
That video is simply superb!

I grew up on the North Stand, and hate the fact that my son has watched almost all his Albion home games at a converted athletics track.

I was in the North Stand when Case scored against Norwich in the quatre final - look how packed in we were that day!!

My youngest turned 15 yesterday and never saw a game at the Goldstone - just showed him that video and nearly burst into tears! I too was in the north stand for the Norwich game - cannot believe how full it looked.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
First match was at the Preistfield so don't really know, all I know is that Withdean's not up to park football and theres a f***ing comet on our stadium!

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Was back in Brighton this past week and had the pleasure of driving past the "New Goldstone" - its going to be Gravvy but I still long for the days catching the 2A to Hove, walking up past Hove Station and into the North Stand about an hour before KO to watch the Strips come out to warm up.... Happy days

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Top, top work. Fair brings a tear to the eye. I absolutely second the idea that this, or something similar, should be played at the Falmer opener. Edna's right, some of this does seem to be fading, and that's reflected in a seeming willingness to complain quickly about things now when we're so, so much better off than we were, and where we might have been.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
i cant take the credit for that work of art unfortunately,it was compiled by matt buglass i believe, who has thrown together quite a few very good nostalgic albion videos.

looking back on that last season at the goldstone it was mad, not a week went by that something bizzare didnt happen,you felt like you were on a sinking ship but there was no way you wanted to jump the ship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here