Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone Ground - Final Pitch Inavasion

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Albion Dan said:
Anyone whos over 24, wasnt at that game, and in the North Stand isnt a real fan imo. :drink:

Do you not think that most of us would have loved to have been there. I was in another country and Ryanair wasn't up and running with their cheap flights at that stage.

So I guess I'm not a true fan then :salute: :salute:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
jonny.rainbow said:
Even those of us who were STH in the North. Went to every game through thick and thin and missed out because the club didn't give STH first choice of tickets before they went on general sale?

angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Especially you lot.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
The Complete Badger said:
I was in the SOUTH stand, mainly because I was only 10 at the time. I remember, even in there, the atmosphere was amazing. Despite my age, to this day I can remember in minute detail the ball hitting the net no more than ten yards from where I was sitting.

same here

myself and kev were in our usual seats, directly behind the goal in the front row. when that ball hit the net it was mayhem, and just about takes the accolade of favourtie goldstone moment from kevins mothers seat breaking, leaving her sprawled on the floor

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Seagull Stew said:
Eh, if you're a season ticket holder you already have a ticket surely?

For the last two Home games, Wigan and Donny, you had to queue up and exchange your Season Ticket Voucher for a Match Ticket.

They went on sale on a Tuesday at 10am, if I remember correctly, but as a free for all.

When I got to the front of the queue at about 1pm and asked for a North Stand ticket in exchange for a North Stand Season ticket Voucher, I was told it was all sold out and I had to go in the East.

I didn't whinge to the club and demand they change their ticketing policy however.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I was in the North Stand down at the very front with the goal to our right. The emotion when Storer stuck the ball in the net to give us hope of league survival, mixed with the final match ever at the Goldstone, was very high. I fell just short of seeing 500 matches at our real home. I will never shop at any of the retail scum of the Goldstone site, or any that Archer has ever been involved with.

Some fantastic memories of the place, first game in 1975 v Chester we won 6-0 but I dont remember!

The regular battles on and off the pitch at the Palace games in 1977, 78 and 79!

Beating Sheff Wed to get promoted in 1977 and then the following season beating Blackpool last game but Spurs v Southampton ended in a draw and we missed out on promotion - so many rumours went round of goals in the game - we needed the result to be anything but a draw. The crowd was over 33,000 that day !

The two back to back Championships, beating Bristol Rovers in 1988 to win promotion after being relegated the season before

The Play off win v Swindon

Mark Lawrenson running the full length of the pitch to pull us back to 2-3 v Wolves. Wardy scoring many many fantastic goals. Playing and matching the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Notingham Forest when they were holders of the European cup.

The pitch invasion v Lincoln, the walk out v Hereford, the York match that was abandoned and the bizzare Thursday mid morning re run of the match (which saw York win and stay up!)

The times Tottenham, West Ham ran riot at the place (they used to lock up the London hooligan elements in the walk way under the road at the bottom of west street on the Friday nights to let them back out to do the same on the Saturday)
The very scary time Chelsea wrecked the place in 1983

Seeing England U21 demolish Norway U21 6-0 with Peter Ward getting a hattrick!

Beat Walsall 7-0, putting 7 past Charlton (the one and only game I sat in the old lego stand as had broken my arm playing football just before that!)

I took my 2 year old nephew to the Goldstone the day after the final match just so he can say he went to the Goldstone

The Goldstone may be gone but it will never be forgotten

WE WANT FALMER WE WANT FALMER

We need a new home to build a new future

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
i too was a north stand STH and missed out, but ended up in the north east terrace by the police cabin and a big inflatable man wearing a t shirt, can pick me out in the crowd easily as i was the only one wearing colours, as the rest of my clothes were soaked i just took them off

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I was a North Stand regular but could only get a ticket for the tiny remaining south part of the East Terrace............a part of the ground i had only been too a handful of times, was i grateful just to be in the ground though to watch the game and atmosphere unfold..............The pitch invasion at the end was a sight to behold....something we will never forget!!

D

Deleted member 2719

Simster said:
Couldn't get a ticket myself. I had to make do with an East stand ticket - where there was also an ELECTRIC atmosphere.

Gullsworth hair use to be straight but because of the electricity in that east stand that day he is now like

:afro:

:lolol:

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I had the privilege of using a season ticket for the West Stand from a STH who was too ill to attend. I sat next to an elderly couple who had been attending the ground for something like 50 years. They had a camera - I took their picture and shed a tear with them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here