Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone Clock

johnwells

Jan 6, 2005
I understand that the clock from the Goldstone is in pub in Bexhill, anyone know how it got there.

Think I posted similar message last year but lost the thread, understand it may NOT be owned by the pub

Await your posts

Thanks

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
would love to see that incorporated in some form or another at the new stadium

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
jeremy beadles hand said:
Where did the clock at the Goldstone go? When I was nicking some turf some guy was walking off with it. Did it get auctioned or is it sitting in someones bedroom?
Seagull_Stew said:
Not sure now but it was attached to the ceiling of the Castle pub in Bexhill, which is a shame because that pub is a dive.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It use to be in the rafters above the pool table, I believe a group of locals to the pub "acquired" it after the Donny game. Havent been in there for a long while so cannot confirm if its still there

Seagull Stew

gazwag said:
It use to be in the rafters above the pool table, I believe a group of locals to the pub "acquired" it after the Donny game. Havent been in there for a long while so cannot confirm if its still there

Is "Rafters" what they're calling "The Castle" now?

I've moved from the hub of activity in Bexhill to London now so I wouldn't know. Also, we don't have any pubs up here.

Yes, that clock was certainly in "The Castle" the last time I looked, which was probably about 7 or 8 years ago!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Seagull_Stew said:
Is "Rafters" what they're calling "The Castle" now?

I've moved from the hub of activity in Bexhill to London now so I wouldn't know. Also, we don't have any pubs up here.

Yes, that clock was certainly in "The Castle" the last time I looked, which was probably about 7 or 8 years ago!

No I meant it is in the rafters of The Castle, above the pool table :D

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
BarrelofFun said:
I thought there was some furore about it being sold, as it was donated by the family of an Albion fan, that died.

Maybe that was another clock, the one in the pub has been there since the last game, assuming its still there now, as I said earlier, havent been in there for a while

johnwells

Jan 6, 2005
can confirm it is still there.orwas when Iwas in there on Sunday

Apparently the pub may be up for sale,if this is right, the the new landlord may not want it,so hope the lads want it back.

If not maybe the clubs Collectors & Historians Society may be able to help preserve it for falmer

Seagull Stew

johnwells said:
can confirm it is still there.orwas when Iwas in there on Sunday

Apparently the pub may be up for sale,if this is right, the the new landlord may not want it,so hope the lads want it back.

If not maybe the clubs Collectors & Historians Society may be able to help preserve it for falmer

It would be a shame if the new owners just binned it without realising (or caring about) what it is.
:eek: :nono:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Goring Gull said:
I thought Brighton Fan 86 was an alto ego of 1066.

An easy mistake to make, there are apparantly two different people, but I can see your confusion. 86 was formerly Kev the Ape, whereas 1066 is now Adrianuo (or something like that).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here