Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Golden Key(s?) In Pie Boxes On Saturday

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anybody got more details of what this is all about? Only had one eye on the adverts that flashed up briefly on the big screens last night. At first glance it looked like they were advertising Golden Pikeys for some reason.

Expect record numbers of pies to be guzzled on Saturday then :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Think Wonka Golden Tickets. If you find a golden, er, Pie Key, in your pie, you win a prize, which I think was a tour of the Amex and some other stuff.

Just pray Augustus Gloop isn't on your tour.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ah, right, cheers. Hopefully the prize(s) will include a selection of Piglets Pantry's finest produce.

Includes a tour of the Piglet's pie making 'factory'. :)

Details are on her Facebook page. Can't like it cos I can't get Facebook at work - they treat us like shit around here. :(

She talks about it on the latest Roar too (just skirt over the bit where we talk about thinking we might do well against West Ham) :blush:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
544976_337005976358605_139433482782523_973662_1702073181_n.jpg

From their Facebook page

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
do they pay for any dentistry if you bite into one of the keys and smash your crowns?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Apparently it's a tour of Piglet's, and a Piglet's box (a bunch of pies & maybe other goodies, one would assume), a tour of the Amex with lunch, and a goodie bag.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
What a sh1t prize...!!!
Surely a better prize would have been the option of a free pie for every home game attended for the 2012/13 season??

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
If i break a tooth on one of these golden keys, then i am having all my dentures removed to be replaced by pure gold ones, at the club's expense, to become the white Flavour Flav.
And, if one of the keys is unfound or unclaimed, then i definitely inspecting one of my oversized Sunday morning ploppers to see if i swallowed it straight through. Once again, the purchase of the gloves to carry out this pappy scouring will be at the club's expense.

They should all be in the veggie pies, really, to reward the unmurderous flesh-eaters of us.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Also thousands of runners-up prizes too, apparently. One trial size tub of Flora pro.activ (c/w 2p off your next purchase voucher); & 4 weeks free membership of Fat Bastards Gymnasium. :thumbsup:

I'll be buying 3 pies btw, just to make sure I don't leave empty-handed. Nobody likes a loser, do they?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What a sh1t prize...!!!
Surely a better prize would have been the option of a free pie for every home game attended for the 2012/13 season??

You're a cheery soul, aren't you?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Apparently it's a tour of Piglet's, and a Piglet's box (a bunch of pies & maybe other goodies, one would assume), a tour of the Amex with lunch, and a goodie bag.
I think Watfords left back and centre forward would be well up for that prize.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think Watfords left back and centre forward would be well up for that prize.

I didn't realise they actually had any centre forwards until that lumbering oaf Deeney ran fifty yards to remonstrate with the referee at one stage late in the first half. And some people think our strikers aren't good enough?!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The thought of being in the company of a brat like Verruca Salt is more worrying.

I always envisioned Violet Beauregarde as the more annoying of the female contestants, if I'm honest.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I didn't realise they actually had any centre forwards until that lumbering oaf Deeney ran fifty yards to remonstrate with the referee at one stage late in the first half. And some people think our strikers aren't good enough?!
One of the highlights of the game was watching him chase a channel ball towards the south stand in the second half. Like a fat bloke running for the bus.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
One of the highlights of the game was watching him chase a channel ball towards the south stand in the second half. Like a fat bloke running for the bus.

I know he scored the penalty, but he really was shit. As was Iwelumo. Neither of them did a thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here