Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

God I hate the CSA

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
What pisses me off about the CSA is that everyone ends up losing! They penalise decent blokes who have every intention of paying maintenance yet manage, at the same time, to ensure that hardly anyone actually gets to see the money they are dependent on! For sure, I thank my lucky stars that I never ended up having to deal with the shambles that is the CSA.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Simster said:
It sounds like he's shirking his responsibilities, although I suspect you're going to tell us his ex is a complete bitch who won't let him see his kids. If that is the case, then I have some sympathy, but he still really ought to be providing for them to some extent, something I suspect he's not doing, given that he didn't mention it.

I'll leave that to him. Granted he words were not well chosen and he was out of order but there's a whole lot of people who are being victimised by the CSA. He has no chance of finding £22,000 and he doesn't have a well paid job like some here. There's two sides to every story.

I know that he may well not end up signing on, he'll be on incapacity benefit as the situation is making him ill. Oh yes I do know Rogue.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Starry said:
As far as I am concerned you are big enough to dip your dick you are big enough to face the consequences.
What about if his ex refused him any access to his kids out of spite? Should he continue to pay then? And think carefully here, because you should know that the law is very much in the woman's favour...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It's strange that when the CSA got involved the actual amount paid by the father went down.
I know someone else who was getting cash from her husband, went to the CSA and got less.
So the CSA are making a codswallop of working out what is best for the kids anyway.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Simster said:
What about if his ex refused him any access to his kids out of spite? Should he continue to pay then? And think carefully here, because you should know that the law is very much in the woman's favour...

I'd say yes. It must be horrific to be denied access to your children through spite and anyone in that situation has my entire sympathies. But I cannot understand not wanting to provide for your children. If for whatever reason I lost access to my kids and my husband through spite stopped me seeing them, I'd still want to hand over money and know they were being provided for even though I wasn't able to see them, rather than not provide at all.

That situation sucks though, I can see both sides of the argument on that. :(

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
I know your immediate concern WWL is the payment of already paid said maintainance, but after that is sorted out (hopefully in your favour). i know as you said you still provide for her (bless her). But something else you could consider doing is paying into a bank account for her. that way when she is old enough (if not already) you have helped set up and done the best you can for her future well being.
Also that way the ex dont get anymore of your money. the problem is still there in some ways because the ex dont have the money to look after her whilst in her care. but you will still have done your best.

Last edited:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
despite what anyone says in defence of roque, personally i still think he is an arse. and was well out of order. i have two step children.
1, has maintainance paid for although we took this to this csa even though we thought we may get less. reason, it was constantley being dropped every other week and we wanted it set so we knew how much money we were gonna have the next time the bills came in. we actually got 4 pound more a month.
2, she is now 14 years old and my wife still has never recieved a penny maintainance for her. on her farthers wage based on £200 pound a week, over 14 yrs that would be roughly £21900 maintainance he owes my wife.
3,2,and 1 are all being supported for by me. oh, and
4, my wife goes to uni now so you could say 4, 3, 2 and 1 plus me 5 all provided for from my wages.
on top of which my wifes ex husband and farther of 1, even though my wife paid the mortguage and he left the house to her in their divorce (not leagally wrote up) and since i, have paid the mortgauge. (i wasnt the reason for divorce) his thai prostitute was their final straw. still didnt stop him taking her to court for 'his settlement' on the house he hadnt paid towards. thus winning £25,000 from us. and not giving a penny of that to the kids. so guess who has to pay for the remortguage? yep that me paying number 6. plus all the court fees which were incured. now he has a 2 bedroom flat payed for, is living in a 4 bedroom house, rented. and is soon moving into a 4 bedroom house with massive chunk payed off of his new mortgauge. whilst we struggle to pay for our now inflated mortgauge, 3 bedroom house that i have had to partition the living room in half to create bedroom 4. so as you can see i think people that dont pay their way in life and sponge from me are well out of order. on top of this as we got the remortgauge sorted out i got made redundant, so went self employed. then got sqaushed against a wall by a cherrypicker (hydraulic lifter) and had to have time off work, being self employed dont get payed. and got turned down for benefits.
if everybody payed their way life would be so much easier for everybody.
so sympathy for roques 22k debt. NOT A F***ING CHANCE.
And before anybody says why dont my wife get a job instead of studying well she is getting a partime christmas job, is doing volantary work at the hospital and is studying to become a midwife. (a better job for a better life). just hope she dosent deliver many more roques into this world, and delivers more Wardywonderlands.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yorkie said:
It's strange that when the CSA got involved the actual amount paid by the father went down.
I know someone else who was getting cash from her husband, went to the CSA and got less.
So the CSA are making a codswallop of working out what is best for the kids anyway.

Yeah; I also know someone whose ex contacted the CSA as she thoughts she'd get more and ended up getting less - it certainly seems an organisation that's incapable of doing what it's set up to do.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
10 years ago I worked for the CSA. I lasted 6 months, it was truely the worst job I have ever had and I have cleaned toilets! I left and it was the best move I ever made.

The management is stats orientated, it is purely about getting parents with care off benefit by making PAYE non resident parents pay maintenance. Obviously as the parent with care gets income from child maintenance the benefit goes down.

The CSA does not make children better off as its propeganda says it makes the treasury better off.

However I do feel for th staff on the front line who have to administer the insane CSA rules made by politicans and senior civil servants - they are in an impossible position trying to work the unworkable.

Scrap the CSA and go back to the courts - its the only way

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
When all said and done, it's down to the ex to be honest. The fact she's not being isn't the CSA's fault. I'm sure she's lovely, but she's acting like a psycho.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Wow I didn't mean to start such a big debate. I do not know your full situation rouge, but on the surface it winds me up. If there is more to the story then fine but you can understand that I am a little pissed at the moment.

The stupid think about my situation is that

I wanted to pay for my daughter but was not allowed because I am not her biological father

The assessed me to have to pay less then I all ready was

I have been open and honest from the start.

Weird situation but I am sure I will get through it.

Thanks to everyone for your ideas and kind words.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wardywonderland said:
I wanted to pay for my daughter but was not allowed because I am not her biological father

The assessed me to have to pay less then I all ready was

It's these two that I do not understand because, hoping the current disagreement is resolved, if you want to pay for your daughter you can - regardless of what the CSA say.

They can not stop you giving a weekly/monthly cheque or bank transfer to your ex for your daughter. The same applies to paying less than you'd previously agreed - I don't see how anyone can stop you 'topping up' that amount in any way you see fit.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Bozza said:
It's these two that I do not understand because, hoping the current disagreement is resolved, if you want to pay for your daughter you can - regardless of what the CSA say.

They can not stop you giving a weekly/monthly cheque or bank transfer to your ex for your daughter. The same applies to paying less than you'd previously agreed - I don't see how anyone can stop you 'topping up' that amount in any way you see fit.

Things may have changed since I was there but if WWL's ex declares any extra he gives her it will come off her benefit, hence she may have chose not to declare what he paid her in the past as the CSA would inform the DWP and there would be a benefit overpayment situation.

The CSA cannot stop you but parents can be worse off if they come off benefit so they do not declare some maintenance. Its not just the benefit money its the free dentists and perscriptions etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here