Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

God I hate the CSA

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Anyone else here had any bad or good for that matter experance of the Child Support Agency?

I have been in talks with them for a few months over what I owe or do not owe. Before any starts saying I should pay what they say ect here is a bit of background.

My ex and I broke up in last January. She was seeing someone else and told me that it was over. We had a son together and also a daughter from her previous relationship, who I treated and still do treat as if she was my own. She was only 3 months old when we got together so as never known anyone else but me as daddy.

When we broke up I agreed that I would pay maintenance for both children and we agreed to not get the CSA involved. This was working fine up until August when she decided that she wanted to get the CSA involved.

Firstly they would not let me pay for my daughter because I was not her biological father and had never adopted her. In the end i had to agree to this. But tp then really piss me off the said that I would have to pay for the time between January and August. I pointed out that I had been paying for this period and in fact had been paying more then they know said I had to pay. They asked for proof and because I had been making the payments in cash and could not prove that I had made them, they refuse to accept that I had paid the money.

So now just before Christmas I have a bill for 30 weeks of maintenace that they want paid. The ex is refusing to tell them that I had been paying for the period so I am now completly f***ed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That absolutely f***ing SUCKS
Why did your ex decide to go to the CSA if you were already paying ?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Easy 10 said:
That absolutely f***ing SUCKS
Why did your ex decide to go to the CSA if you were already paying ?

No idea, can only pin it down to the fact we were talking about when we were going to have them over Christmas. She is worse off now though since the rate that the CSA worked out was less then I was all ready paying. These days i keep anything I buy them at my place, instead of sending them home with the kids.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
That's f***ing bollocks that is.

The CSA are a bunch of incompetent TWATS - but I guess you know that already.

My 'experience' with the CSA was 10 years ago now but I faced a similar problem.

Write them a letter - polite - giving them a breakdown of what you paid and when. Say that you paid it in cash and you have no way of proving that you paid it but would be prepared to swear in court that you paid it.

Give all the stuff about you not wanting to deprive the children of maintenance and how you made a specific agreement with your ex that the CSA was not going to become involved and you have no idea why they have been.

I know it's difficult but be nice and helpful to them - by writing a letter you then put your case back into their 'pending' files, thereby delaying any spedific action - this is when their incompetence can work in your favour. In the meantime, carry on the payments (I assume you're happy to do that) but make sure that you get some evidence.

Don't know if that will help. You could also PM On the Left Wing - I think he might have some advice.

:thumbsup:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Hiney said:
put your case back into their 'pending' files, thereby delaying any spedific action - this is when their incompetence can work in your favour.

Shame kids can't wait in pending, especially at Christmas :nono:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Hiney said:
That's f***ing bollocks that is.

The CSA are a bunch of incompetent TWATS - but I guess you know that already.

My 'experience' with the CSA was 10 years ago now but I faced a similar problem.

Write them a letter - polite - giving them a breakdown of what you paid and when. Say that you paid it in cash and you have no way of proving that you paid it but would be prepared to swear in court that you paid it.

Give all the stuff about you not wanting to deprive the children of maintenance and how you made a specific agreement with your ex that the CSA was not going to become involved and you have no idea why they have been.

I know it's difficult but be nice and helpful to them - by writing a letter you then put your case back into their 'pending' files, thereby delaying any spedific action - this is when their incompetence can work in your favour. In the meantime, carry on the payments (I assume you're happy to do that) but make sure that you get some evidence.

Don't know if that will help. You could also PM On the Left Wing - I think he might have some advice.

:thumbsup:

I have been toing and froing with them over this since August. Not sure there is anything else I can do. Wrote more letters then I care to recal.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
gvce26 said:

Not sure what you mean by that statment?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
gvce26 said:
Nothing aimed at you, just know how it can be on ther other side. £25 in the last three years! :nono:

Sorry to hear that. I would never see my kids go without. That is what makes the complete thing a joke. When they need something they get it.

Bad news but in truth your ex may well have had nothing to do with it sadly. The scummy cda will remove benefits unless she tells them who the father is and contact details. They may well have been threatening her to make her tell them about you.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
gvce26 said:

Whoa, hold on.

I said that purely in the context of Wardywonderland's situation. He IS paying anyway and has clearly been wronged by the utter incompetence of the MONGS in the CSA, as I was 10 years ago. I paid for 2 years at a rate equivalent to what was assessed by the CSA but they were incapable of factoring that into their calculations, as they are so used to dealing with totally absent parents.

I agree that the kids are the ones that suffer as a result of the CSA but this case seems a little different from the usual stories.

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
The CSA are not intrested in you paying your ex on the side unless you go through them.I take it she is on beenefits?What will happen now is your ex wont see a penny of it because it's used to pay her benefits.Your right about one thing?you are f***ed.
I've been dodging them for years but have recently recieved a bill for 22k.They finally caught up with me because i'm now on the electo roll.I will go and see them and see what they say.If they acess me a stupid amount then i'll just sign on again.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Wardywonderland said:
Sorry to hear that. I would never see my kids go without. That is what makes the complete thing a joke. When they need something they get it.

That shows what a joke the csa is... They chase a father like you and don't seem to bother with the real culprits who evade paying for their own children, the csa is shit.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
gvce26 said:
That shows what a joke the csa is... They chase a father like you and don't seem to bother with the real culprits who evade paying for their own children, the csa is shit.

That is the whole point - they chase the easy targets to make their stats look good, often alienating people who are getting on perfectly OK without any interference.

WANKERS

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
Steady guys... The staff aren't to blame.. some are top men (and women) only too willing to help.. just ask "VOR" (what ever happened to him?)

Don't give me away this time Badger! :eek: :nono: :shootself :censored: :angry: :angel: :blush: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
rogue said:
The CSA are not intrested in you paying your ex on the side unless you go through them.I take it she is on beenefits?What will happen now is your ex wont see a penny of it because it's used to pay her benefits.Your right about one thing?you are f***ed.
I've been dodging them for years but have recently recieved a bill for 22k.They finally caught up with me because i'm now on the electo roll.I will go and see them and see what they say.If they acess me a stupid amount then i'll just sign on again.

I might have misunderstood, but are you saying you have been dodging them for years and it must be a while or you have a bunch of kids to rack up a 22k bill and are now going to sign on because you don't want to provide for your children?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here