Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GOD: How much do you believe in him?

How much do you believe in GOD?

• I KNOW he exists for a FACT

Votes: 34 7.1%
  • I cannot be certain, but strongly BELIEVE he exists and live my life on that basis

Votes: 44 9.2%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to believe he exists

Votes: 37 7.8%
  • There is a 50:50 chance of his existence

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to be skeptical

Votes: 28 5.9%
  • I cannot be certain, but think his existence is highly improbable, and live my life on that basis

Votes: 145 30.4%
  • God does NOT exist, FACT

Votes: 182 38.2%

• Total voters

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
The believe majority of people who reject the Christian God do so either because they believe in another religion (which, I guess would be a sin considering it goes against the first commandment), or because they don't believe in God.

I think the only thing I find frustrating about some Christians is the way they play the victim. The whole world is against them, people are persecuting them. I have some funny comics showing the hypocrisy of that sentamentality. (that victim/persecution mentality is also one of the reasons I don't like man utd!)

Again, I have no hate. I don't see any religion as "the enemy".

It was around this point that I stopped reading it, partly because I'm at work, partly because it seemed much like a Fox News article.

I'm not a 'born again', and in their eyes I am also going to hell, unless i become 'born again'. I don't believe for one second that ONLY people who become 'born again' are going to heaven and everybody else including other christians, muslims, atheists are going to hell. To me this is absurd and God/Jesus would never be so narrow minded like that. The bible can be twisted in all sorts of ways and i am not fearful of going to hell if i don't become 'born again'. This article is a general overview

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
What have those things got to do with science ? If you want to go to that level, everything is made up of atoms and molecules so it therefore science.

They have everything to do with science. They were all invented as a result of scientific discovery, formal or otherwise.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
You're kidding right? You're saying that if we want to understand God, it's imperative that we don't use our brain (the only thing we have for thinking), so instead we just listen to what we're told. Next you'll be telling us that we'll have a group of virgins if we blow ourselves and a load of infidels up.

You have misunderstood what I've said by about a million miles.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I only had to read one sentence to know that was complete and utter rubbish. My disbelief is nothing to do with sin (whatever that is supposed to mean), it's based on my belief that absolutely nothing in my 48 years is attractive or real about religion, and I just cannot understand why anybody would want to beleive.

You don't know what sin is? Basically, it's being naughty, either by committing a crime, or by offending other people.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not a 'born again', and in their eyes I am also going to hell, unless i become 'born again'. I don't believe for one second that ONLY people who become 'born again' are going to heaven and everybody else including other christians, muslims, atheists are going to hell. To me this is absurd and God/Jesus would never be so narrow minded like that. The bible can be twisted in all sorts of ways and i am not fearful of going to hell if i don't become 'born again'. This article is a general overview

What did that have to do with what I said? Did you quote the wrong person?

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Exactly how are you being oppressed?

I am not personally but look in any newspaper or media article and you'll see religion being mocked and cast aside. Political correctness means you can't wear a cross around your neck. Anyone who stands on a street corner preaching the gospel has to be a mad man. This is oppression.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Jesus started the catholic church and appointed the first pope. So presumably he's just doing his job. Do you expect him to live on the streets or something?, that would be great ammunition for all the HATERS such as yourself.
Really? Did he?

But the pope is a very very rich man. You said and I quote your quote ""It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”

So how can the pope get into the kingdom of god? Unless of course he has found an easy way to get a camel to go throuigh the eye of a needle. Maybe he used his imense wealth to build a f***ing great big needle :wanker:

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Really? Did he?

But the pope is a very very rich man. You said and I quote your quote ""It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”

So how can the pope get into the kingdom of god? Unless of course he has found an easy way to get a camel to go throuigh the eye of a needle. Maybe he used his imense wealth to build a f***ing great big needle :wanker:

I'm NOT the judge!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Well if heavens full of people like you, I'm f***ing terrified of going there. What do I need to do to get in the other place, as I'd rather burn for enternity with a spike up me arse, then have to be locked in heaven with a bunch of preachers like you.

Take me o dark one. Keep from the place called heaven

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I am not personally but look in any newspaper or media article and you'll see religion being mocked and cast aside. Political correctness means you can't wear a cross around your neck. Anyone who stands on a street corner preaching the gospel has to be a mad man. This is oppression.
You really believe any thing your told dont you.:D

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Well if heavens full of people like you, I'm f***ing terrified of going there. What do I need to do to get in the other place, as I'd rather burn for enternity with a spike up me arse, then have to be locked in heaven with a bunch of preachers like you.

Take me o dark one. Keep from the place called heaven

Carry on as you are and HE might just grant you your wish :thumbsup:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I'm NOT the judge!
Then why quote "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”

Is it not obvious to you in that case, the Pope, as legend and myth goes, the closest man to God, therefore is completely f***ed and won't be getting in heaven?

Your common sense must tell you that

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

No, it's not. Being mocked is not oppression. It might be bullying if it's particularly nasty, or it could just be banter, but it is not oppression. Political Correctness has nothing to do with whether or not you can wear a cross or not, and political correctness is not oppression. A man i never just dismissed as a mad man for preaching the gospel on street corners. It is his manner, his clothes, his hair, the smell of alcohol, his general appearance, again, disrespectful and judgemental, but not oppression.

"I've not seen it first hand, but all these examples [of things that are one of instances warped, or things that aren't actually examples of what it's being claimed they are]" is in keepng with that Fox News reporting style of the article you posted.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Then why quote "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.....

Those were the words of JC. Why do you think Bill Gates and some of the other richest people in the world got together and gave 90% of their wealth away?

Because they know judgement day is coming and are turning to the light before it's too late!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here