Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goalkeeping crisis

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Kuipers out, Roberts out, YellDell wobbly and just young Chris May who's not ready. We badly need to steady the ship. Isn't the obvious thing to so is to play Rami Shaaban? Ok, he's not played for a while, but he has played at the highest level ( Champions Legaue) and has been training with the team for a couple of weeks now so he knows the players.

I thought he looked pretty good at Arsenal and he'd surely still be there now but for getting injured. Let's give him a " pay as you play" basis contract and see how it goes.

wilderabeast

Jul 27, 2004
The Promised Land
he doesn't no whether he wants to sign, the reason he hasnt played a reserve game is that he didn't want to as he said that he was experienced enough to no that he is not fit enough for even reserve action.....don;t blame the club its not down to them...he said he is getting a feel for the club and his wife is looking at the area to see if she likes it...he also mentioned that the ground and training facilities were sh*te and that if he signed it would be just to put himself in the shop window

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
wilderabeast said:
he doesn't no whether he wants to sign, the reason he hasnt played a reserve game is that he didn't want to as he said that he was experienced enough to no that he is not fit enough for even reserve action.....don;t blame the club its not down to them...he said he is getting a feel for the club and his wife is looking at the area to see if she likes it...he also mentioned that the ground and training facilities were sh*te and that if he signed it would be just to put himself in the shop window

If that's true can I suggest he fucks off and joins Kanchelskis :)

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
wilderabeast said:

Where is this from?

wilderabeast

Jul 27, 2004
The Promised Land
it was in the hmmmphh hmmmphhh argus..so its probally ballsh*t...the bit about fitness and not wanting to play to early after not playing all season was in an interview with Pints of Whiskey

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
He actually said, "Brighton could be a stepping stone." He wants C League football and thinks he is good enough. He sounds a bit egoistic to me. Lets get the guy from Pompey.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bob Booker denied that we are interested in Shak Hislop as we have four goalkeepers already what he didnt say was thaty 2 are injured 2 are inexperienced and not good enough.

To me Hislop or Raban is the answer short term if we can do it until the end of the season and then we can look at it again.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The obvious answer is to offer Rami Shaban a short term contract with the understanding that at the end of the season he goes where he wants and uses us to show himself off. We benefit with a good keeper for the last few months he puts himself in the 'shop window' so he benefits. We need a keeper now next season can take care of its self.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I doubt whether Hislop is in the running

'McGhee said : "I have a good relationship with Shaka but unfortunately he is way our of our depth"

I read that as wanting far too much money. :rolleyes:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Stick with Yelldell - he'll come good, awaits slating from hell.

I reserve judgement till 16:50 Saturday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here