Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goalkeepers,best ever

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
An old one,i guess.But if u were the BHA manager,just who would you select as goalkeeper,from some of the all time greats.For me only one Big Pat,sim;py superb.:wave:

Jul 20, 2003
Martin Broughton - Sullys Lewes & District Sunday League

'very good'

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Powney.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Peter schmeichel was probably the best all round keeper i've ever seen.

As for the best Albion keeper....i always liked Keeley and Peter Grummitt was ok too.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Gordon Banks.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Gordon Banks can only be considered the best keeper if you can remember him playing, it is hard to pass judgement on someone you only see for fleeting seconds in archive coverage, ask the older generation and many will go for the Russian keeper Lev Yashin.

From a personal point of view it would probably be Schmeichel, he was successful over a number of years and remained at the top of his game for many of them. I believe Schmeichels' son is also a keeper (may be called something like Kasper), if he is half as good as the old man then he will be pretty decent too, was wondering if he was born in England and might qualify for us in addition to Denmark (if he is any good of course!).

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Gully said:
Gordon Banks can only be considered the best keeper if you can remember him playing, it is hard to pass judgement on someone you only see for fleeting seconds in archive coverage, ask the older generation and many will go for the Russian keeper Lev Yashin.

From a personal point of view it would probably be Schmeichel, he was successful over a number of years and remained at the top of his game for many of them. I believe Schmeichels' son is also a keeper (may be called something like Kasper), if he is half as good as the old man then he will be pretty decent too, was wondering if he was born in England and might qualify for us in addition to Denmark (if he is any good of course!).

I agree, my personal fav is schmiechel, he was just like a brick wall, his son Kasper is on the books at Man City,

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Never liked the way Schmiechel use to rant and rave,sure great keeper,but i always prefer the silent type of keeper that just goes about his work,can just remember Grumitt,how long did we have him for?:falmer:

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Peter Schmeichel

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
KinkyGoebels said:
Another keeper to suffer the" hes not kuipers" problem

I will never forget Gillinghams fourth when he fell over running backwards.

My good friend who was a Walsall fan said he is the worst keeper ever to don the Saddlers No. 1 Jersey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here