Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goal of 2011

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Following on from TLO's player of 2011, we at the Roar also want to know what your GOAL of 2011 was!!

Was is Bridcutts screamer against Carlisle??
Buckleys winner against donny ??
Vicentes wonder strike at ipswich ??

You are the jury!!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Bridcutt, Bridcutt and Bridcutt.

That was the moment the Championship was won. At that moment, I felt we could beat anybody.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Best goal in terms of pure skill was Vicente's, running from before the halfway, doing two players with a Cruyff turn on the edge of the box then curling it into the top corner with his weaker foot :bowdown:

However my vote would go to Buckley v Doncaster, just an incredible moment and wouldn't change it at all.

D

Deleted member 18477

Buckley v Donny for me.

The game meant so much. I will never forget the bridcutt or buckley goal celebrations in the stands. brilliant memories from 2011!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I couldn't get to either of those 3 games, for various reasons...
For sheer elation I think Barnes vs Dagenham to make it 4-3, CMS vs Sunderland in extra time (I gave myself a migraine after that one).

For quality, I'd say Vicente vs Ipswich or Harley vs Peterborough, or obviously Bridcutt's screamers vs Carlisle (and Dagenham).

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Whether it's for skill, for quality, for moment, for romance - there are several contenders.

Skill - CMS v Leeds United
Quality - Vicente v Ipswich Town
Moment - Bridcutt v Carlisle United
Romance - Buckley (2nd) v Doncaster Rovers
Comedy - Wood v Leyton Orient

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Bridcutt's volley and Murray's 2nd vs Orient (best team-move under Gus, they show the whole thing on ST DVD) were my two favourites from last season.

Buckley vs Donny probably trumps both purely because the occasion, emotion and celebrations involved.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
there are so many that stand out for me. murray v Tranmere & Swindon?? Bennett at Walsall?

it all depends on how you view it. if its for tecnique or the wowness factor or just because of the shear emotion of the moment

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Bridcutt versus D+R from last season, Buckey's second vs Donny this season.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
On sheer emotion, it's Buckleys winner. I was so happy I nearly cried, but if I'd started I don't know if I could have stopped.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Buckley, for the emotion.

Notable mentions for;
Bennett at Walsall
Bridcutt x 2
Barnes at Cardiff
CMS at Derby
KLL. V B'muff (if that was after Xmas?)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Had CMS had scored right at the death last week, that would have been my favourite. But he didn't, so it isn't.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Following on from TLO's player of 2011, we at the Roar also want to know what your GOAL of 2011 was!!

Was is Bridcutts screamer against Carlisle??
Buckleys winner against donny ??
Vicentes wonder strike at ipswich ??

You are the jury!!

Had a few to add to that,

barnes vs Dagenham
KLL - there were a few

Didnt Dicker hit a screamer of a volley against exeter, think that was January but may of been earlier?

For me has to be Buckley, they were two outstanding finishes, especially considering the pressure on the second. And for what it meant for every Brighton fan in that stadium!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here