Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goal music, the ritual with the scorer's name, the "Ultras", a slum of a ground...

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Christ on a Bike - you would think with this many Palace fans on here they dont actually have a forum - why cant they piss off back to BBS, not as if we could go on there if/when we beat them 3-0 in March.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Palarse Ultras go out to celebrate after yesterdays match #NightclubFAILS pic.twitter.com/5Prn28xE

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bet you cant wait to join in with 'Youll Never Walk Alone' again. :D

And you call us a tinpot club. Im happy to have the same 14-16k turn up each week thanks very much.

But we've got different words to go with the YNWA tune :
"Groupon , Groupon , Buy one , get one free
And you'll never fill Selhurst
You'll never fill Selhurst
Groupon , Groupon"

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Trips to North Surrey always make me feel grateful for what I have, admittedly the result was painful - but leaving the dump made me feel a whole lot better and that's not just the ground itself.

Palarse fans are a funny lot, I saw one of their Ultras in a crash helmet and was dribbling, he looked to be leading the chanting and wouldn't be surprised if he was the PA bloke reading the scorers name out.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Goal music is so utterly embarrassing I just can't fathom why any club does it. Surely these people must cringe every time? This isn't just directed at Palace, but all clubs that do it.

Exactly

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
I would like to have a look around Selhurst at some point as I cannot believe that the other stands are as bad as the away stand. The two stands behind the goals look quite decent however the one opposite looks the same as the Arthur Wait Stand. How it passes a safety inspection is beyond me.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Personally, I thought the atmosphere in the palae end looked great...in fact if the north stand had that sort of atmosphere every week, Amex would e rocking...but the only thing that gets people going these days is " we're the north stand brighton boys, etc"

So what if they have a drum or goal music...or sing the st Pauli song.....they do it well.

Still can't stand the bastards though...lol

And unfortunately I have to agree with this.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Not our fault you started half asleep.
All goals are good goals or are they not?
I'm just gutted we took our foot off the gas it could of been 5 or 6 if we had bothered to get out of 2nd gear.
That was not anywhere near as well as we have been playing bar the last 2 games but it was still good enough to smash you lot.

Could have been 25 had Zaha played, what was wrong with him, did he have a cold or something or was he just being rested.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Christ on a Bike - you would think with this many Palace fans on here they dont actually have a forum - why cant they piss off back to BBS, not as if we could go on there if/when we beat them 3-0 in March.

Because, like most pikeys, they just appear anywhere they want and claim it as their own...leaving their shit for everyone else to clean up.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Probably because we've been pissing over everyone this season. As for Mr Russell even Poyet acknowledged it was a red card. We're set up to either score or allow the opposition to screw up, I can't believe you're lot were mug enough to fall for it three times in one game!

The red card was fair enough - but both the 1st and 2nd goal came from incorrect ref decisions, which was a shame. You lot WERE very good, just a shame we didn't see a fair fight. Roll on March.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Personally, I thought the atmosphere in the palae end looked great...in fact if the north stand had that sort of atmosphere every week, Amex would e rocking...but the only thing that gets people going these days is " we're the north stand brighton boys, etc"

So what if they have a drum or goal music...or sing the st Pauli song.....they do it well.

Still can't stand the bastards though...lol

I agree with this. Problem is, we have too many people who just want to be 'in' with the atmosphere instead of being a part of it. I'm guessing the whole of the Holmsdale were standing up? At least that's what I saw. People would rather be behind the goal and expect atmosphere then join in. They're also the ones who tend to moan about the atmosphere and songs being sung.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Schooled?

You scored 3, 2 from penalties.

Against 10 men - we got well and truly done over......:ffsparr:

Hear we go, the good old 'penalties don't count' argument. You do realise that FFS would have had an easy tap in regards to the first one, he was going round the Man U reject but got clipped, I agree he made the most of it but there was defo contact and it was a pen. Number 2, he would have buried the header if Greer hadn't of shoved him. The clogger Greer knew he had missed the flight of the ball so he panicked and had a mad rush to the head.
You're obviously also forgetting that we hit the bar, Murray missed another header by an inch, Bolasie's rocket of a shot and another blatant pen that wasn't given when FFS was shoved in the first half. It could have been 5 or 6 if we are being honest, and all this against a team that parked the bus and left 10 men behind the ball for 90% of the game.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The most cringing thing I have ever seen at a football ground had to be their announcer repeating the first name of the goalscorer, so that the crowd could shout the surname. Utterly, utterly pointless.

Hear we go, the good old 'penalties don't count' argument. You do realise that FFS would have had an easy tap in regards to the first one, he was going round the Man U reject but got clipped, I agree he made the most of it but there was defo contact and it was a pen. Number 2, he would have buried the header if Greer hadn't of shoved him. The clogger Greer knew he had missed the flight of the ball so he panicked and had a mad rush to the head.
You're obviously also forgetting that we hit the bar, Murray missed another header by an inch, Bolasie's rocket of a shot and another blatant pen that wasn't given when FFS was shoved in the first half. It could have been 5 or 6 if we are being honest, and all this against a team that parked the bus and left 10 men behind the ball for 90% of the game.

Correct but your support is shit.:thumbsup:

You had more Palace in the ground for your home game against Burnley - says everything about you.

Goodnight

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
The most cringing thing I have ever seen at a football ground had to be their announcer repeating the first name of the goalscorer, so that the crowd could shout the surname. Utterly, utterly pointless.

Well you obviously haven't been to games at the Amex where the words to your songs are put up on the big screen for the JCL's to sing along to...

Last edited:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Correct but your support is shit.:thumbsup:

You had more Palace in the ground for your home game against Burnley - says everything about you.

Goodnight

18,000 real Palace fans in the ground Major old boy. You prob get 15,000 proper Albion each week if your lucky. And as much as you like the numbers, the only one's that really matter are 3 and 0.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here