Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goal link - brentford

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
From a camerawork point of view it was an open goal and he missed it.

The cameraman missed nothing. :shrug:

The coverage from the angle he had was fine.
So he didn't get the scorer jumping around afterwards, why is that important ?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Are you taking the p!ss?? ??? ......... of course the celebration is important!!

Disagree, The goal is important, Its the only thing that is.

how the individual player decides to prance around doing a silly jig, somersault or generally making a pratt of himself afterwards is irrelevant.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Disagree, The goal is important, Its the only thing that is.

how the individual player decides to prance around doing a silly jig, somersault or generally making a pratt of himself afterwards is irrelevant.

ok mate - fair enough thats your view.

and as wrong and obsurd as i think it is, your entitled to it.

Whatever next - banning players from celebrating at all as its irrelevent? I love the celebration ... why did Klinsmann get such a good reaction to english fans other than his initial celebration on his debut v wednesday? A celebration concludes the goal, a goal wiothout celebration is (to me) an anti climax!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Whatever next - banning players from celebrating at all as its irrelevent? I love the celebration ... why did Klinsmann get such a good reaction to english fans other than his initial celebration on his debut v wednesday? A celebration concludes the goal, a goal wiothout celebration is (to me) an anti climax!

I never said they should ban it or otherwise, if that what they want to do that, then that’s up to them :shrug:
I just said the cameraman did nothing wrong by not recording it as the celebration was not important.

I do disagree that a goal without celebration is an anti climax.
You can have a brilliant goal, but if it comes when you already 3 down and a “goaldown retriever” comes into play, the goal is still special.

TBH, I’m too busy jumping up & down celebrating myself when we score to notice what the players on the pitch are doing.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
If you were a cameraman, (which your not) , then its impossible to get everything that you would wish to.
As im sure that whatever your job is, then you probably dont get everything done correctly that you would wish to.
AND no doubt your boss sometimes wishes that you would do your job perfectly at times ....
sometimes, things dont always work out as you want.
But,, no doubt your perfect

I dare say any cameraman worth their salt would focus on a goalscorer during his celebration.
And its 'you're' not 'your'.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me

Dont know if you're on a wind up or not but by your rationale all Alan Shearers goals were an anti climax.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here