Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Go away...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
An away draw against a team above us in the league. Let's take each game as it comes and judge it on it's merits.

bhamanandboy

Feb 17, 2008
An away draw against a team above us in the league. Let's take each game as it comes and judge it on it's merits.

f*** me your easily pleased! When are people going to realise that we played their f***ing RESERVE side today!!!

f***ing awful result!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The fact we have never won there means f*** ALL that's a pathetic excuse when no one can think of any better excuses, they are one of the favourites to go down, we couldnt beat them and didnt even deserve to beat them.

Agree with that part of your post wholeheartedly.

and bring in who??

That is the weakest argument for keeping a manager ever, and I'm completely behind Slade.

Who the f*** will come here and do a better job? Noone will want to come here and if you think sacking slade is the answer your a twat :wanker:

While the sentiment sounds logical, the average life span of a league one manager is apparently between 12 and 18 months. There are more managers than there are positions. We won't have trouble finding someone who wants to come here.

Remember, someone coming in will come in under the belief they will be successful, so they won't fear taking a position at a club that fires their managers for getting 2 wins in 13 games (league and cup).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There are some fans on here that have never witnessed anything other than shit football which they have been subjected to for the past 10 years. Others remember the good times at the goldstone when we were a 1st division club and want the same for this once great club.

3rd tier shit!

There are also fans on here whose support and love for this club extends beyond the results and sporting success.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Footballs a game of opinions, and in my opinion a point against a poor team made even poorer due to injuries/internationals whatever is'nt good enough. Yeovil will be towards the bottom of this division, so we have to be beating them, or we will be left needing points from bigger teams! What annoyed me even more was the fact that we were 2-0 up, and still let it slip.
As for this excuse about oh we have never won at yeovil, is absolute bollocks. What difference does that make! Yeovil are a poor side, the fact we haven't won there changes nothing and cannot be used to make the result better.
As for slade in/out, im more than happy to stick with him, because he clearly can do it as he showed last year and with yeovil when he was there. I think if any changes are made then white and booker should depart and bloom should let slade bring in his own coaches as he should have done from the start! Imo there is nobody i can think of that i believe would be a vast improvement on Slade, i CANNOT see coppel coming here at all!!

bhamanandboy

Feb 17, 2008
There are also fans on here whose support and love for this club extends beyond the results and sporting success.

Acker - the point i was making was that i believe Brighton should be a top club again and the fans who think were only a 3rd tier club are forgetting where we used to be and what we achieved.
you missed the point!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Sorry but there are some seriously dense people on here.
How is it the correct way to run a football club to give a manager a 2 year contract & then sack him after 12 games? How long could you do that for & how many managers would we get through before Bloom is skint? How do you know that Coppell would be not be shit after 12 games? What will you do if he is? Same old knee jerk reaction. Its about time people accepted this club for what it is and stopped having delusions of granduer. We have an opportunity to be succesful due to a chairman with a few bob and a new stadium but surely you don't expect it to happen immediately.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Acker - the point i was making was that i believe Brighton should be a top club again and the fans who think were only a 3rd tier club are forgetting where we used to be and what we achieved.
you missed the point!

And my point was that people haven't forgotten where we used to be and what we achieved. People aren't necessarily "settling for mediocrity" as some people are saying.

Some of us have a love and connection with this club that allows us to stick with the club through the bad times without being upset by them. (I don't mean that to come across as if they are better fans than those who are concerned with results). OK, so we've only won two games this season, doesn't mean we don't get to meet up with friends every saturday and watch a game of footie with friends, friends who share that connection and love for the club. A spirit of togetherness in the stands (not so much on here :thumbsup: though), a weekly ritual we've gone through since we were nippers.

Yes we've had great times in the past. And we'd love them again. We've also had some of the worst times a football club can have in the past, times that put our current run into perspective.

Fans aren't forgetting the great times in our history. We're just not all motivated by the W column.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
T
here are some fans on here that have never witnessed anything other than shit football which they have been subjected to for the past 10 years. Others remember the good times at the goldstone when we were a 1st division club and want the same for this once great club.

3rd tier shit!

I sort of agree but besides that one spell in old division 1 we were always a third tier team sadly. Yes we occasionally get promoted but we were never great except during the late 70's & some great moments during the early 80's.

Rodfox

Jan 6, 2008
ALL YOU MOANY WANKERS

In all fairness we have never won at Farmville (Yeovil) and a point isn't too bad, yes its a piss take throwing away a two goal lead but a point is ok! If your one of these people complaining then please f*** off, am i correct in saying its our first point at Yeovil ever but it isn't good enough for some people?

f*** OFF ALL OF YOU :angry:

The word you are looking for is realists, whilst the likes of you would be classed as deluded, blinded by slades rhetoric or just a wanker.:lolol:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
There are some fans on here that have never witnessed anything other than shit football which they have been subjected to for the past 10 years. Others remember the good times at the goldstone when we were a 1st division club and want the same for this once great club.

3rd tier shit!

Ha ha - what a ridiculous statement. We have been a 3rd tier club for the vast majority of our 109 year history. There were a few anomalies (in particular 1978 - 1984, approx), but the "good times" at the Goldstone were few and far between.

bhamanandboy

Feb 17, 2008
Acker - I understand the loyalties of fans, thats why we take time to post on here. Brighton have a magnificent fan following away from home which shows how many people, like you, love the club, win, lose or draw.
Thats a given and there is no argument there. The point is that i believe, and always have, that Brighton should be a top flight club. I will always believe that. The South coast has always attracted money and i see no reason why, with our new stadium, that we cannot get back to those dizzy heights again with TB or any other multimillionaire investor.

Im just unhappy with comments made where people are happy to go and watch 3rd tier rubbish because they think thats all were capable of.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'm pleased we haven't all got your lack of ambition. I don't want to be third tier. I don't want to be "comfortably mid table". We are moving into a superb £60m stadium in 18 months time and I don't want to be the next Darlington with a great stadium but a shit team.

I want this team to be back challenging at the top of this league and the top of the Championship. I've followed this team all over the country for 33 years, seen us beat European Champions and League Champions, and that's where I want to see us again. That is where we should be, not being pleased with a point from some tin pot outfit like Yoevil.

If Russell Slade can't match that ambition then he can go as far as I'm concerned.

I've heard enough excuses and he should now deliver or hand over to someone who can.

Top Post. Another 30 plus year veteran here. :)

I hope Russell pulls this round quickly.

ps, it's a £90million plus stadium :lol:

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne

3rd tier shit!

If by first division you mean the current Premiership, we were only there for 4 years in which we struggled and crowds dropped, not to mention that bankrolling it nearly cost us our club. Still the good old days hey!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the point people seem to be missing about the point at Yeovil is that at 2.00pm if asked most would have been happy to come home with 1 point, but we let a 2 goal lead slip for whatever reason. Be it bad play or a ref decision we didnt complete the job, that is the major worry that we face in that we cannot hold onto a lead and kill a team or game off.

Rodfox

Jan 6, 2008
Ahhhh, the ol' Realists chestnut. Shirley reality is like 'the truth' i.e. an abstract concept??

Keep your head in the sand if you so wish. Cold hard facts are what matter, not opinions. We are in the relegation zone because of the mis-management of slade, it's as simple as that....

If we had done this, if we had done that, counts for nothing.
Oh and don't call me shirley!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Keep your head in the sand if you so wish. Cold hard facts are what matter, not opinions. We are in the relegation zone because of the mis-management of slade, it's as simple as that....

If we had done this, if we had done that, counts for nothing.
Oh and don't call me shirley!

Haven't got my head in the sand at all. I just don't agree with your silly "it's all Slade's fault" bollox. You'd f***ing complain if Arsene Wenger came to manage the Albion. It'd be: "He's been here for 6 weeks & we're not in the automatic promotion places".

Get a frigging grip will ya.

Oh, & you smell like Palace or even Manure to me - so do us all a favour & piss off to one of their message boards. I'm sure they'll welcome your terrific contribution. :wave:

heavyweightsrbest

Oct 10, 2009
No manager gets it right first time. Look how many players were sold and bought during the Clough/ Taylor reign. Taylor kept turning the squad over until he found the right combination. Their initial results were worse than Slade's and included the 8-2 defeat by Bristol Rovers and the 4-0 FA cup exit by Walton and Hersham both at home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here