Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gnw

Mouldy Boots said:
So is this a statement to McGhee actually making a mistake in your eyes?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

No, McGhee has been forced to go down to the level of Orient Reserves because of the lack of financial backing he has received. My view is that McGhee would have wanted to have brought in GNW a long time ago if he had been given a free hand to do so.

Turkey said:
GNW has been pursued by a number of clubs this summer, including Gillingham I think. I seem to recall reading he didn't go anywhere due to finances. I think it said his wages are very high and Burnley may have wanted a fee for the loan. So that may explain why we looked for a player we could buy before a player we could loan.

That's highly likely, we will have to pay a premium for him. But it would be money well spent. The squad have to be given some support, the current situation just leaves both the players and McGhee too exposed to the worst scapegoating ranting section of our support. Dick Knight has to step up and help them.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I hink also part of the reason it has taken this long is because Mcghee may have been looking for someone that has a better injury track record.

D

Deleted member 2719

London Irish said:
No, McGhee has been forced to go down to the level of Orient Reserves because of the lack of financial backing he has received. My view is that McGhee would have wanted to have brought in GNW a long time ago if he had been given a free hand to do so.

Oh well i thought it was to good to be true!!

Can you please let NSC know when he finally makes his first mistake in mangement?

Perhaps we can put him in the super hero's category with Superman and spiderman?

I can see it being made into a box office hit - one man to keep the Albion from certain distruction from arch enimies DK and MP and the worse of all

Trigger
Vulture
Uncle Buck
Mouldy Boots
And another 3,500 blue and White cladded humans!!

:lolol: ;)

D

Deleted member 2719

London Irish said:
That's highly likely, we will have to pay a premium for him. But it would be money well spent. The squad have to be given some support, the current situation just leaves both the players and McGhee too exposed to the worst scapegoating ranting section of our support. Dick Knight has to step up and help them.

Maybe DK and the board doesn't want to help him he would rather the new manager have any money available!

:clap: :clap:

Kinky Gerbils said:
I hink also part of the reason it has taken this long is because Mcghee may have been looking for someone that has a better injury track record.

That's undoubtedly true, the Turienzo situation has left us very risk-averse. The problem with not taking risks is you don't sign any players. Which is quite a substantial problem in terms of prevailing sentiment.

Last edited:

Mouldy Boots said:
Maybe DK and the board doesn't want to help him he would rather the new manager have any money available!

:clap: :clap:

It's not surprise you're a science fiction/superhero fan, that's some fantasy world you inhabit.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
That's undoubtedly true, the Turienzo situation has left us very risk-averse.

I've seen you mention this several times, how do you know?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
That's undoubtedly true, the Turienzo situation has left us very risk-averse. The problem with not taking risks is you don't sign any players. Which is a problem.

Like I said in the summer, I would not mind GNW I think he COULD be the answer to the long running search, however he could also be the next Kitson.

I do wonder if Mcghee was held back over his signing.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Les Biehn said:
I've seen you mention this several times, how do you know?

Not that Often I agree with The Irish One but on this I do.

The board - DK more than any I suspect do not want to get Owned again by an injury wrecked player, or a player they waste money on.

The question tis raises is should the board be more trusting in Mcghee and alow him to make the choice on his own?

My view is Knight owes him this after his failings with El Turi

D

Deleted member 2719

London Irish said:
It's not surprise you're a science fiction/superhero fan, that's some fantasy world you inhabit.

Yep you got that wrong too.

Never watch any science fiction or super hero stuff.

Infact i hate them because they aren't real and i am probably one of the few never to have seen Star wars.

:p

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The Gift would make us a threat in front of goal by about a ten fold increase on what we have at the moment.

Anyone who went to Millwall last season would have seen how he bossed that game and got us the three points. The bloke would make a great Div 1 striker.

If wed have had him from Xmas last season we would have stayed up imo.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
They're in dire financial straights, worse than us, and possibly going into admin soon.

And given that we managed to pay his wages last season AND a fee for the loan, and since then the wage bill has gone down, we should be able to afford him.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Silent Bob said:
They're in dire financial straights, worse than us, and possibly going into admin soon.

And given that we managed to pay his wages last season AND a fee for the loan, and since then the wage bill has gone down, we should be able to afford him.

This is far too sensible. However I fear the words Falmer, Black and Hole appearing YET AGAIN...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here