Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GMT or BST ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
The 'old chestnut' of changing the clocks is all most here. I for one either wish to leave them as there are now BST or maybe BST +1 :wave:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
the clocks going back is normally a novelty for about 2 days then its ust a long slog praying for summer

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I remember when they went a few years without changing them. It was bloody awful, dark until nearly 9.00am.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
But surely our "correct" time is GMT, and the changing of the clocks is for the summertime, so if we don't change them, then it's GMT all year, and we miss out on the extra hour in summer evenings.

I say we should carry on changing them.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We adopted BST during World War 1 to give vital workers in industry and agriculture an extra hour of daylight working time. Being in the EU we should adopt CET which is basically GMT+1 but given an option to stay on GMT all year round. When Scotland becomes independent they will no doubt want to keep this as they are now otherwise during the winter their days will only be 5 hours long.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
And if you're going to Hartlepool, don't forget to put your watch back thirty years
As I live in Grimsby I dont have to change the time on my watch as it is 1978 here as well.:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here