Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gmail

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I've just been given an account by them.

What's it like? Worth all the hassle of swapping over from hotmail? (loads of people to give a new e-mail address).

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Its much better than Hotmail. Is that enough of a reason?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
If you have a conversation going on with multiple replies it stores them all in a thread with each message on a tab which is cool. Plus you can't complain about a gig of free mail space either.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
The thing that puts of some people is the way that they do their advertising. Unlike hotmail who have a set of generic banner adds etc, Gmail searches your mail and uses keywords to decide what adverts to show.

Dr Breakfast

Feb 13, 2005
Sussex innit
But their adverts are less intrusive and to give them credit I've yet to get any spam in any of my Gmail accounts.

The huge amount of space means you never need delete a message and it's all very quick and easy.

I'm loving it.

And if you need one final nail in the coffin for Hotmail, you'll not be lining Bill Gates' pockets using Gmail.

Huzzah!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Dr Breakfast said:
But their adverts are less intrusive and to give them credit I've yet to get any spam in any of my Gmail accounts.

The huge amount of space means you never need delete a message and it's all very quick and easy.

I'm loving it.

And if you need one final nail in the coffin for Hotmail, you'll not be lining Bill Gates' pockets using Gmail.

Huzzah!

I agree I have no problem with gmail. I do not use it for anything important so they are welcoem to scan my emails. It looks better, feels better and works better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here