Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glory hunters at withdean.......

Tooting Gull said:
If it was this bad for Yeovil. just imagine the bandwagon-jumping when mighty Carlisle roll into town on Saturday with their BMWs parked in the nearby streets and accompanying media circus.

I'm putting my ticket on Ebay now, £40 reserve

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
bristolseagull said:
so, we get 6,500 for a boxing day game, where the f*** are these extra 1000 people week in week out?

there were two wankers taking photos of withers, with spanking new scarfs on sitting at the back of the singing section, obviously got lucky with west ham tickets and decided to be fans for day.

wrong.

Yep, f***ing glory hunters.
People with new scarves?? NOOOOOOO. We'd better give them serious grief otherwise today could end up being their first of many many Albion games. SHIT they might even end up at the first Falmer game. Hound them out now!!

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
ok

if you'd seen them you'd have thought the same,

im sory, but i dont like it whe n people come out the wood work for 'big' games

west ham

yiddos

palace

yeovil

etc.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
totally agree that these extra 1000 are not glory seekers. Stop being such effing martyrs and welcome the fact that we get bigger gates.

I usually go with just my 2 boys but there were 8 of us today as it was a family affair with people who can't get the chance to see Brighton as often as me.

Glory hunting?

Yeovil?

FFS get a sense of perspective.

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
bristolseagull said:
ok

if you'd seen them you'd have thought the same,

im sory, but i dont like it whe n people come out the wood work for 'big' games

west ham

yiddos

palace

yeovil

etc.
[/QUOT

Big game???

It happens at all clubs mate, apart from the big guns.

I dont live in sussex anymore but was back down for Christmas, hence came today- which I'm sure can be said of many others who 'came out of the woodwork' for todays game against the mighty Yeovil Town. Its boxing day- people have f*** all to do so choose to go to the football- and maybe a few new faces will choose to come again (not after todays game though i v.much doubt). Nowt wrong with that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'd rather have a camera-flashing scarfer there than an empty seat. Their money is just as green, and we'd all be moaning if there were three and a half thousand rattling around with practically a row each.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Turkey said:
it is a family time and more family members go along.

Is the correct answer. Mrs and her daughter came along today, as is the pasty family bixong day tradition. Apologies for upsetting any superfans.

Last edited:

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
The new scarfs may have something to it being christmas day yesterday and some of the extra people may be people coming back to the area to see thier family. If you get a nice new camera for christmas you may feel the need to take some pictures on it too. Also the main reason for all the new people with new scarfs is all the excitement of the upcoming scarf day :ascarf: :ascarf: . Also may i suggest watching the game and not the crowd if you dont like meeting new people :D

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Adriodinho said:
What am I?

you really shouldn't have asked that adrian.....

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The attendance was up because people have come back to see their families over the holidays and probably need to get out of the house after Xmas Day. An ideal excuse is to go to watch the footy. A proportion of those turning up today may have an ulterior motive, thinking about a 4th round tie at Withdean. They will be the moaners when the club announces the West Ham stubs need to be submitted in the application process.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Bloody hell, new fans paying to occupy otherwise empty seats and then having the nerve to spend money on new scarves. Jesus, they may even have bought a programme and a Withdean wager ticket, what arsholes, putting cash in to our beloved skint club, we don't want these bastards filling up Falmer in a few years time, much better with the 5,000 regulars.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
seagullsovergrimsby said:
The attendance was up because people have come back to see their families over the holidays and probably need to get out of the house after Xmas Day. An ideal excuse is to go to watch the footy. A proportion of those turning up today may have an ulterior motive, thinking about a 4th round tie at Withdean. They will be the moaners when the club announces the West Ham stubs need to be submitted in the application process.

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

I HAVEN'T BEEN ALLOCATED A TICKET AND HAVE BEEN TO 90% OF HOME GAMES THIS SEASON.

IF WE GET THROUGH AND PRIORITY GOES TO THOSE WHO ALREADY GOT TICKETS I'LL f***ing GO BERSERK!

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Well i didn't go 'cos quite frankly i couldn't be arsed to travel, and it's cold.:lolol: But i WILL be at UPTON PARK though.....

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Look. Everyone knows the glory seekers are the arses who never come to the home games but want the WHU tickets.

Why not these people who feel so aggrieved about it hand out flyers extolling the virtues of actually supporting their club rather than paying lip service?

Might get one or two shamed into becoming a regular.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
bristolseagull said:
so, we get 6,500 for a boxing day game, where the f*** are these extra 1000 people week in week out?

there were two wankers taking photos of withers, with spanking new scarfs on sitting at the back of the singing section, obviously got lucky with west ham tickets and decided to be fans for day.

wrong.

I was at the game today, but I can't afford to fly in to watch every game of the season nor am I eligible for a West Ham ticket.

And besides the football was miles better than the last game I was able to attend which was the Stoke game where we were tonked 5-1.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I must apologise, I went AND took a lady friend of mine to her first ever footy match, therefore I contributed to this crime...

Obviously, wish I'd not bothered now...

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
I don't have a season ticket and can't make all the home games so there was no way I was going to be accused of being a 'glory hunter' by turning up for the Yeovil game.

I'll be back for the bread and butter stuff against Carlisle though. Hoping for a few empty seats so I don't have to sit next to any 'plastic fans'.

(Makes note to distress new scarf with beer stains and ketchup.)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I brought my daughter to the game yesterday, that's the second time this season. We have lost them both 3-1. I wont bring her again. :glare:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here