Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray..

SE25

Banned
Feb 19, 2005
Oh South London...
I bumped into an old mate on the train from Brighton to Falmer before the Peterborough game who knows him well, says Murray told him he was gutted when he left us for Palace, be interesting to hear what Palace fans think of that :lolol:

Laughable.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I bumped into an old mate on the train from Brighton to Falmer before the Peterborough game who knows him well, says Murray told him he was gutted when he left us for Palace, be interesting to hear what Palace fans think of that :lolol:

Course he did. I could make up any rumour i want about one of your players but i won't go to your level. Sad bastard.

Face it, he hated your fans after they treated him like shit away at Brentford. So far he's been treated like a hero at our place, he looks happy and he even claps the fans!! :clap2:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Would be tempted with a bet on a drab 0-0 draw after all the hype. Could go either way though and I don't think either team will be thrashed

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London

Well i spoke to a Peterborough fan the other day, he is best mates with CMS and said he actually wishes he was still at London Road, something about how Gus touches all the players in the dressing room. How about that?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
he looks happy and he even claps the fans!! :clap2:
Well, I would say he has to, he is 28, he is at his 5th League club, he hasnt got much time to get that retirement fund stashed away... he needs a bit of stability before its too late, I would say he is grinning and bearing it,....

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Course he did. I could make up any rumour i want about one of your players but i won't go to your level. Sad bastard.

Face it, he hated your fans after they treated him like shit away at Brentford. So far he's been treated like a hero at our place, he looks happy and he even claps the fans!! :clap2:

Agree that the rumour is bollocks, but he certainly looked happy to be with us last year and was worshipped by most fans while he was banging in the goals. Wasn't that long ago Palace fans were moaning about him not clapping them back was it?

SE25

Banned
Feb 19, 2005
Oh South London...
Do you really, honestly, 100% hand on heart think you'll beat us at the Amex? Serious question.

Until recently I was 90% sure we'd beat you on the 27th, but you're playing well at the moment and it isn't going to be as easy as I thought it was. I still think we'll win though.

Whatever happens it is shaping up nicely, both teams are up the top, both are playing well, both have beaten Premiership opposition in the cup, we have a perfect pantomime villain (shame you don't really, it's the only thing it's missing), it is going to be one hell of a night.

I honestly do, fella. As you say, we're both playing well at the moment and both teams will be pumped up. I just think we'll have too much pace up front for you, and what with the form of Murray, I reckon we'll win by the odd goal. It's going to be a cracking night!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Good post. I still think we'll beat you, though.

FWIW, which isn't much, I think the game will go one of two ways. You're defence has been a bit suspect and we could play our passing game at its best and put 3 or 4 (or whisper it, even more) past you, thus properly avenging the 5-0 and perhaps encouraging you to change your avatar. I think there is a fair chance of that....

OR, you will come out fast and quick and committed and get right into us, perhaps even scoring early (that's the way to beat us), and it will be a tight and passionate game that finishes 1-0 to you or 1-1 - and I guess you get bragging rights with the draw (or more likely this whole sorry points-scoring exercise and childish baiting will continue here and on the BBS until we meet again at Selhurst - for another draw? :facepalm:).... and I think there's a fair chance of that too.

It won't be a comfortable 2-0 to either side, or a mild-mannered 0-0, of that I'm fairly sure.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If I was a Palace fan, I'd be more worried about the goals they seem to be conceeding. They are doing well, but seem unable to keep clean sheets, something we seem to be doing relatively well, also by the time of the 27th, we'll have a VERY strong front line. But still its 90mins, anything can happen... I don't think it'll be easy either way.

I'm not sure how Murray will cope though, he was bit of a bottler at the best of times, yet alone a full house booing him

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I honestly do, fella. As you say, we're both playing well at the moment and both teams will be pumped up. I just think we'll have too much pace up front for you, and what with the form of Murray, I reckon we'll win by the odd goal. It's going to be a cracking night!

We're pretty quick at the back and with Dunk and Greer being on top form with 5 clean sheets already this season it will certainly be a close game. I'd say our defence is better than yours and our attack better too so in theory we should shade it, but unfortunately for us this time form goes out the window in these games and anything can happen

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
It's going to be close for sure - however SE25 - you wanna really take about pace? I think you're right to mark pace down as being a game changer - but i really think with noone, Lua Lua, Buckley, CMS there is going to be a lot for you to handle as well.

It will be interesting to see what game plan Gus has to deal with Murray - he clearly rated him as a player - anyone suggesting that Murray is not a class act is deluded - however that will be a real test of Gus's tactical nous - and so far he has not come up short in that area.

Having said all that to laugh off Palace simply becuase they are backward, mum-loving caravan dwellers is to forget that they clearly, this season playing some good football and will be a huge test. They've been in this league for a long while and whatever any Ablbion fan says - they are a more experienced Championship side than us.

If I had to put money on it I would go for 1-1.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Murray won't fancy it if the game gets physical. If Lewis Dunk gives him a 'welcome back to Brighton' tackle early in the game, Murray will go missing in action.

CMS v Murray? No brainer for me. Murray had his moments but only when he fancied it. CMS has worked harder than Murray did in his whole career at Brighton.

Whats the betting Murray will pick up a 'knock' prior to the 27th? ???

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
If I was a Palace fan, I'd be more worried about the goals they seem to be conceeding. They are doing well, but seem unable to keep clean sheets, something we seem to be doing relatively well, also by the time of the 27th, we'll have a VERY strong front line. But still its 90mins, anything can happen... I don't think it'll be easy either way.

I'm not sure how Murray will cope though, he was bit of a bottler at the best of times, yet alone a full house booing him

3 clean sheet in 6 league games, hardly poor

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
3 clean sheet in 6 league games, hardly poor

Being Irish, I've always kept an eye on Scannell, where has this form come from? He looked alright when he 1st came on the ROI scene but dissappeared quickly, isn't he more of a winger too?

Any mentions of a call p to the national side?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Being Irish, I've always kept an eye on Scannell, what's happened to him this season? He looked alright when he 1st came on the ROI scene but dissappeared quickly, isn't he more of a winger too?

Been played upfront which is his favoured position. 3 goals in 6, he's been immense. Pace to burn and work rate in abundance. I think you all underestimate him, hopefully your players do the same on the night.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Murray won't fancy it if the game gets physical. If Lewis Dunk gives him a 'welcome back to Brighton' tackle early in the game, Murray will go missing in action.

CMS v Murray? No brainer for me. Murray had his moments but only when he fancied it. CMS has worked harder than Murray did in his whole career at Brighton.

Whats the betting Murray will pick up a 'knock' prior to the 27th? ???

Ahhhhhhh, the early-doors REDUCER!

Marvelous Ronglish Scenes. :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here