Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray..

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
You keep winning but it's 6 games. Big bloody deal. As i say, Derby won a load at the start of last season then dropped like a stone. Millwall where top till November one season and went down!

And of course mate, League 2 football for us is a given isn't it...FFS. Quality manager that cares for the club, great board, fans united, decent squad, fantastic young talented players coming through year in year out. The future's bright you complete :tosser:

Very little arrogance on this board? Another deluded comment. You think you're in the Prem already!

Well if you think that, then you clearly cannot read. Or maybe that's what you like to think. Fact is we are not ever going to see eye to eye are we. I will concede my league 2 comment was petulant because I have been surprised at how Palace have started. I was genuinely hoping you would be as gash as last season. Fair play you are doing OK and seem decent enough ( and yes it hurts to say that). Fact is I can be man enough to admit that and give credit where it is due. You however clearly cannot come to terms with the fact that your rivals have finally been able to start on a level playing field. It's OK.... you are worried, we can see that... which is why you are here acting a cock.

So if you can keep yourself from handing out the insults and wanker signs for a minute. Please can you quote me one thing from this board, or this thread in particular that is arrogant. Then you can tell me in your expert Croydon opinion where we will finish this season. Then you can put your money where your mouth is and have a little bet on it.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Wigan had at least half of their 1st team out last night so you can't use that excuse! It was because Palace played so well which made Wigan look poor and we stopped them from causing any threat they may have been.

Murray's performance was as good as what people are saying, he was truly outstanding, it was a performance you would want to see from any of your strikers, he done everything and beyond and showed his true class, he truly deserved a goal last night for his efforts hitting the bar and post with chances, he is an outstanding player and i know you will continue to have the debate saying you prefer CMS but i still believe it was a top class signing by Freedman to get him.

The only sour note was right at the end of the match he did fall awkwardly and seemed to be in a bit of discomfort, he did walk off ok so hopefully nothing to serious but there have been some scaremongerers on our site saying he is out for 3 months which i think is untrue, Dougie made no mention of it in the post match press conference despite talking about Murray at length in it. He clearly did take a knock but would imagine they were waiting untill this morning to assess if there was any damage done.
im sure you all want to see Murray play at the Amex just as much as the Palace fans do!

7 changes from Saturday, would suggest thats less than half.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I think your right, mid table table for both clubs and we would be more than happy with that.

There is no more arrogance on our part then we've had in the past. Regardless of where we were or where we've been we've always known that our club has a soul, has class and has the potential to be an established club in the premiership.
I understand how gawling it must be for you to see us rise to this level but you should just be contented with being a small suburban team in South London where every other team just looks on at you in amusement.

With all due respect, if other clubs look at us like that then how the f*** would they see you? We might be a fairly small fish in the ocean but you're just a tiny worthless plankton. And don't question my clubs pride and passion, your a f***ing seaside town that doesn't have footballing people. The late great Brian Clough was right when he said people don't go to Brighton to watch football, they go for a Tory conference.

Last edited:

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well if you think that, then you clearly cannot read. Or maybe that's what you like to think. Fact is we are not ever going to see eye to eye are we. I will concede my league 2 comment was petulant because I have been surprised at how Palace have started. I was genuinely hoping you would be as gash as last season. Fair play you are doing OK and seem decent enough ( and yes it hurts to say that). Fact is I can be man enough to admit that and give credit where it is due. You however clearly cannot come to terms with the fact that your rivals have finally been able to start on a level playing field. It's OK.... you are worried, we can see that... which is why you are here acting a cock.

So if you can keep yourself from handing out the insults and wanker signs for a minute. Please can you quote me one thing from this board, or this thread in particular that is arrogant. Then you can tell me in your expert Croydon opinion where we will finish this season. Then you can put your money where your mouth is and have a little bet on it.

I take it you are off searching through 30,000 posts trying to find ONE Albion fan who was being Arrogant. LOL

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
That first late win gave you something massive: MOMENTUM. Then the missed pen a week later at Pompey added to it. You could easily be sitting 8th or 9th. If you think you're going to keep winning week in, week out in this league then you are mad, it's a tough league. Derby started like a train last season and finished 19th. I fully expect you to taste defeat at least once in the next 3 league games.

a defeat in the next 3 games still leaves us sitting in the play offs which is still a hugely encouraging start for little Brighton, a deafet for you boys leaves you closer to the relegation spots than the play offs, and apart from Blackpool you have not played anyone of note yet? That i would worry about.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
With all due respect, if other clubs look at us like that then how the f*** would they see you? We might be a fairly small fish in the ocean but your just a tiny worthless plankton. And don't question my clubs pride and passion, your a f***ing seaside town that doesn't have footballing people. The late great Brian Clough was right when he said people don't go to Brighton to watch football, they go for a Tory conference.

And croydon has a history does it, the only history it has is in the last month when a load of pikeys decided to Loot and burn down respectable business, apart from that it has f*** all (oh sorry i forgot it has Ikea)

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

I don't wish to take away your start, it has suprised me and fair play, a great effort. I just think you have all got carried away and the arrogance is astounding. It's posts like "Palace won't get a kick on the 27th" that bothers me, it's mental, you're not light years ahead of us. I agree, the insults are petulant but football brings out the worst in most. Everyone thinks they have the best looking wife at home etc. As far as a prediction, i think we will both finish top 10 and one of us could push for the play offs.

SE25

Banned
Feb 19, 2005
Oh South London...
a defeat in the next 3 games still leaves us sitting in the play offs which is still a hugely encouraging start for little Brighton, a deafet for you boys leaves you closer to the relegation spots than the play offs, and apart from Blackpool you have not played anyone of note yet? That i would worry about.

Leeds away, always a tough ground, whether they're playing shite or not, where at the very least we should have got a point.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Indeed we have, Sheffield Wednesday fans were quite vocal in their believe it was only a matter of time before we tumbled down the table. How are they getting on these days?

Indeed. And why are these stupid boring Nigels trying to tell us we'll not all that when the simple fact is that we are getting a point a game more than them?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I don't wish to take away your start, it has suprised me and fair play, a great effort. I just think you have all got carried away and the arrogance is astounding. It's posts like "Palace won't get a kick on the 27th" that bothers me, it's mental, you're not light years ahead of us. I agree, the insults are petulant but football brings out the worst in most. Everyone thinks they have the best looking wife at home etc. As far as a prediction, i think we will both come top 10 and one of us could push for the play offs.

I do!!

there is arrogance from a few fans granted, but after the shite that the club has been through the last decade, you cant really blame them, its been a tough old time and things are finally coming good to a club that deserves some good fortune. the foootball that is being played currently is just amazing for us Brighton Fans to watch and we generally believe that in each and every game we play we can win, no matter who the oppostion is, you can see from the players that is how they trian and how they approach games as the style does not change, whether it be Doncaster at Home or cardiff away. Thats not arrogance, thats a self belief that we are currently (as the table does not lie) the best team in the championship. Of course that is gonig to change over the course of the season as the sides like Leicester, West Ham, Cardiff, Blackpool are going to get there acts together and fight for that top spot, i dont think there is a brighton fan that believes that not to be the case, but whilst we are top and unbeaten and playing the football we are playing, we are going to blooming shout about it and VERY LOUD!!!

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I do!!

there is arrogance from a few fans granted, but after the shite that the club has been through the last decade, you cant really blame them, its been a tough old time and things are finally coming good to a club that deserves some good fortune. the foootball that is being played currently is just amazing for us Brighton Fans to watch and we generally believe that in each and every game we play we can win, no matter who the oppostion is, you can see from the players that is how they trian and how they approach games as the style does not change, whether it be Doncaster at Home or cardiff away. Thats not arrogance, thats a self belief that we are currently (as the table does not lie) the best team in the championship. Of course that is gonig to change over the course of the season as the sides like Leicester, West Ham, Cardiff, Blackpool are going to get there acts together and fight for that top spot, i dont think there is a brighton fan that believes that not to be the case, but whilst we are top and unbeaten and playing the football we are playing, we are going to blooming shout about it and VERY LOUD!!!

Fair enough.

p.s Is that your wife in your avator? ;-)

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
With all due respect, if other clubs look at us like that then how the f*** would they see you? We might be a fairly small fish in the ocean but you're just a tiny worthless plankton. And don't question my clubs pride and passion, your a f***ing seaside town that doesn't have footballing people. The late great Brian Clough was right when he said people don't go to Brighton to watch football, they go for a Tory conference.

And the only reason people go to Croydon is to burn down furniture stores.

So f***ing what ?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Leeds away, always a tough ground, whether they're playing shite or not, where at the very least we should have got a point.

All this bickering, what ifs and whatnots. Bollox..............let's just wait for the 27th and do the talking on the pitch. I've heard that the away end will be stocking extra supplies of humble pie.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't wish to take away your start, it has suprised me and fair play, a great effort. I just think you have all got carried away and the arrogance is astounding. It's posts like "Palace won't get a kick on the 27th" that bothers me, it's mental, you're not light years ahead of us. I agree, the insults are petulant but football brings out the worst in most. Everyone thinks they have the best looking wife at home etc. As far as a prediction, i think we will both finish top 10 and one of us could push for the play offs.

Fair enough. I would be happy with that. Although as long as we keep Poyet I would also happily bet that we finish above you.. ( Sorry had to get that in ). Football does bring out the worst though, although life would be pretty dull without Palace to hate. But I think we will all agree, at least you support Palace and we support the Albion.... it beats the hell outta being an armchair top 4 fan. I actually feel sorry for anyone who supports one of them lot, unless of course they live local and go all the time. The rest are all muppets. I for one will be off to Lancing to watch the reserves play tonight, as I have nothing better to do, and it beats sitting in watching Manure on the box. Plus gets me away from the wife LOL.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
As far as a prediction, i think we will both finish top 10 and one of us could push for the play offs.

Ha ha which one!?

I actually think 5 Zero is alright, much better than most of the Palace pricks we get on here anyway. At least he can have an argument in English.

pal4life

Sep 6, 2008
why are we even talking about Glen on here ?Its not like he is a Brighton player anymore, he has moved on and so have we,THE END!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here