Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
sounds very positive - certainly not like someone who doesn't expect/want to be here next year

(and anyone who thinks he lacks pace needs to watch more closely - he has a languid style but can certainly cover the ground)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
League goals for murray..
2007/2008 season 9 goals (injured a lot)
2008/2009 season 12 goals
so far this season 5 goals

Call me daft but i would guess looking at previous stats that mr murray has score a lot of piss pot trophy goals as thats 26 league goals in 2 1/2 years???

You are missing a season and the other stats are wrong.

League only (including sub appearances)

2007/8 - 21 appearances, 8 goals
2008/9 - 24 appearances, 11 goals
2009/10 - 32 appearances, 12 goals
2010/11 - 12 appearances, 5 goals

89 games, 36 goals.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
O yeah i missed a season:lolol:
ZAMORA
Season Club Games Goals Yellow Cards Red Cards
2002/03 Brighton & Hove Albion 35 14 7 0 (championship)
2001/02 Brighton & Hove Albion 40 28 4 1
2000/01 Brighton & Hove Albion 42 28 2 0
1999/00 Brighton & Hove Albion 6 6

I find it weird how murrays done so well considering he's never hit more than 12 goals in a season,but guess these silly injurys haven't helped.

Zamora scored more in 1 season than murray did in two seasons:lolol:

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Silly injuries & silly suspensions too.
Another thing i've noticed about him this season is he doesn't seem to be getting involved in silly on field spats. He's just getting his head down & playing, And boy is he playing!!!
I'd be devastated if we let him go especially on a freebee, He's one of the top 5 strikers in the league & i reckon he could do a job if we get promoted too

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I find it weird how murrays done so well considering he's never hit more than 12 goals in a season.

Not that weird though, is it? You only need to watch him play for 5 minutes to see he's a really classy player.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Somebody said on anoither thread that he is supposed to have told a lad at school, when asked if he was looking forawrd to Falmer, that he didnt expect to still be here. Hence the speculation on here but I hope that it is wrong and that we offer him another contract very soon, before other clubs come sniffing in January.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Somebody said on anoither thread that he is supposed to have told a lad at school, when asked if he was looking forawrd to Falmer, that he didnt expect to still be here. Hence the speculation on here but I hope that it is wrong and that we offer him another contract very soon, before other clubs come sniffing in January.

I always chuckle at this sort of story.

He told a 9 year old child that negotiations were not going well and he was expecting to sign for someone else assuming various clauses were inserted in his contract.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that it was a little funny that he should tell a 9 year old he was leaving, but that is where the story started, I think

I do, hoiwever, think other clubs will be sniffing around in January so I hope that he signs a new contract.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He's not playing like someone who wants out and imo he would be a mug not to want to stay unless he is being offered considerably more money elsewhere, which I guess is possible.

Has he actually been offered a contract yet? Maybe he's scared of doing a Forster :lolol:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Only 6-7 months left on his contract,and not signed a new one yet,i think that says it all IMO,pity.

Erm why? Unless he is going abroad (doubtful) other clubs can't speak to him yet. Can't really offer new contracts not knowing what league we will be in next year

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
Other clubs cant speak to him? oh tap ups dont happen these days,lol,i agree about no new contract in what league etc,but,Chris owelumo comes to mind though,and if Murray was here to stay,then surely contract may of been extended a last year or so?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
if Murray was here to stay,then surely contract may of been extended a last year or so?

last year he was less consistent and his main contribution was being suspended for no sensible reason after a string of silly bookings. This year he is showing consistently what a good player he is.

last year a new contract was questionable. This year the question is whether the offer - set at one level if we are promoted and another if we are not - is agreeable.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
The Argus online doesn't print the bit where Gus says "we have to treat him differently to keep him happy, he's not like the rest" which doesn't sound too positive

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
3 years at least, more if possible. I think we've got a good chance of keeping him, he seems a lot happier these days. Gone are the days of Glenn not clapping the fans and looking really angry when he scored!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
The Argus online doesn't print the bit where Gus says "we have to treat him differently to keep him happy, he's not like the rest" which doesn't sound too positive

au contraire mon ami - it sounds like we are doing all we need to to keep him happy and is surely good news :thumbsup:

FFF

Apr 3, 2010
he doesn't seem to be getting involved in silly on field spats.

Except from that brilliant moment against Yeovil, where the keeper jumped with his leg out-stretched and Murray grabbed hold of it and then gave him an earful! :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here