Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray

Oct 25, 2003
we'd never get anyone as good as him for what we paid for him

looking at some of the sums banded around for the likes of le fondre, £300k is a STEAL in my view

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think one issue Murray did have last season was that he did seem to score in bursts then go quiet for a while. Hopefully will be more consistent this season.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Were those bursts during the periods where he wasn't suspended? Difficult to score when you're not allowed to play :)

This season, just one yellow. Seems to tally with his improved form and attitude.

Have always rated him - delighted he's playing well.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
The most important player in the squad at the moment - simply because it is the one position/role where he the only option who can play it.

I head elsewhere that he doesn't expect to be here next year but lets just hope he's had a change of heart.

I agree he is the only player in the squad who can play in his position, but I also think the same applies to the two full backs, who in my view are equally important.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Tricky one for me. He's unproven at that level. I'd say 2 year with a 1 year option.
Think your spot on.2 year deal i reckon.His lack of pace in the championship may be a problem.

in today's |Sun

BRIGHTON marksman Glenn Murray is loving life under Gus Poyet.
The table-topping Seagulls celebrated Poyet's 50th match in charge with an easy win over injury-hit Yeovil.

Murray, who headed the opener from Kazenga Lua Lua's cross just before the break, said: "I've played under a lot of managers here and it has never gone this well. You have got to give him a lot of credit."

A quick comparisom

Zamora : 83 goals in 136 games @ 0.6102 goals per game
Murray : 36 goals in 74 games @ 0.486 goals per game

Gus says he wants a 25 goal a season strike..... on this form Murray should score 23 this season

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I just hope he wants a new contract, given the fact he has previously asked twice to go on the transfer list!
With the ambition we have he should be grateful to be on the band wagon as many strikers would jump at the chance.He won't score many in the championship although would still do a good job:thumbsup:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
A quick comparisom

Zamora : 83 goals in 136 games @ 0.6102 goals per game
Murray : 36 goals in 74 games @ 0.486 goals per game

Gus says he wants a 25 goal a season strike..... on this form Murray should score 23 this season
Is that 74 starts?as murray was sub many many times and would say this looks harsh on zamora as murray barely hits 15 a season compared to bobby's many goals a season???

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
League goals for murray..
2007/2008 season 9 goals (injured a lot)
2008/2009 season 12 goals
so far this season 5 goals

Call me daft but i would guess looking at previous stats that mr murray has score a lot of piss pot trophy goals as thats 26 league goals in 2 1/2 years???

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He has improved his attitude and, therefore, form... as a result, he now deserves a new contract... 2 years for me...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here