Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
gus is getting him to do his bit in defence seems to be getting better every game probably means he will be on his way at the end of season super show yesterday my man of match:)

I don't agree that he will be gone if he keeps getting better. I think his only chance of staying is if he keeps getting better. For next season we need players up front who are going to score with very nearly every chance they get - that is the difference between top and bottom end of the league, how many of the chances that come your way are converted. This season we have converted too few, if Murray is getting better each game he will be converting more and more and if he does he will be here next season I am sure.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I do agree with you on this WW however...

Ran his arse into the ground today despite having bugger all service. Anyone who thinks he's lazy is a prick. Fact.

Who is the one that always goes on about being allowed an opinion without being insulted..?:bla:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Ermm? Is he married?

When you've got something constructive to say instead of pulling peoples posts to bits I might take notice but til then I won't. 30 odd thousand posts of correcting spelling mistakes and generally being a twat. Well done :thumbsup:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
When you've got something constructive to say instead of pulling peoples posts to bits I might take notice but til then I won't. 30 odd thousand posts of correcting spelling mistakes and generally being a twat. Well done :thumbsup:

Well is he?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I forgot stalking as well.
You really are a sad little man that needs to get out more :nono:

Ok, if you want to hide your ignorance behind insults then I might as well be off, before the other band waggon jumpers arrive. Have a good day.

Brighton1

Jun 10, 2004
Newhaven
Murray

Can't really be arsed to discuss any other points from todays game as I'm still a little angry at our failure to win the game, and I'll only be called a miserable twat by some predictable dull cretins. However, I will make one post.

Glenn Murray today.

Ran his arse into the ground today despite having bugger all service. Anyone who thinks he's lazy is a prick. Fact.

I am not sure if it's an act to keep the fans onside (cue smartarse joke) but suddenly he REALLY seems to give a shit. After his goal today (which to be honest, wasn't the best of penalties, but it sent the keeper the wrong way so who cares!) he went bloody mental. It was a joy to watch. I realy hope he's settled here now and has started to enjoy things. I might be wrong, but I imagine he probably appreciates getting support from the fans as well - don't think too many would be singing his name 6 months ago!

If we can keep him happy, if we can stay in this league, if we can keep him, if he can remain injury free and if Gus can get him firing the goals at Withdean, then we quite clearly have a superb player at this level. Not just a scorer of goals, but a creative outfit.

A lot of If's, but it's not totally unrealistic to think it might happen. And I really, really hope it does. Forster might be getting on, but Murray is still only mid twenties, and it would be great to see him still in the team at Falmer - although perhaps with a 30 goal a season man, who doesn't create as much or run around as much alongside him! :thumbsup:

0,,10433~8611978,00.jpg

Never doubted his ability, I believe he is better than what alot of people which is why it has been frustrating watching him play poorly when you know he has got it.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Glenn is a superb player at this level, and in my opinion wouldn't be out of place in the Championship, i really hope he stays around for a good few years, although i'm sure some bigger clubs will be calling his name in the summer. He seems to be enjoying life down here again, and seems to be happy playing for us, and has gone from one of the least popular players (not including my opinion) at the club, to one of the fans favourites! I love this man with a passion :bowdown:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't agree that he will be gone if he keeps getting better. I think his only chance of staying is if he keeps getting better. For next season we need players up front who are going to score with very nearly every chance they get - that is the difference between top and bottom end of the league, how many of the chances that come your way are converted. This season we have converted too few, if Murray is getting better each game he will be converting more and more and if he does he will be here next season I am sure.

It's not so much that he keeps getting better and better, it's more that his attitude is massively improved this season. IMHO, like. Fair play to the boy for that :clap:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
should be playing at a higher level than he is at the moment. Always rated him and he has never been lazy people struggle to see quality when it is put in front of them. Do have a worry that his contract is up before falmer and if we are not pushing for or in the championship by then can see a championship team snapping him up

murraymint

Aug 13, 2008
Looking at him play recently, seems to me he is the fittest he has ever been since signing for us. Finally seems to have sorted the hernia problems and although he's never gonna be quick, he does seem to have a little extra pace.
He's probably enjoying his football again, last season was a write-off, he was rushed back too many times when he clearly wasn't right and it affected his game.
Long may his good run continue.....would be nice to see him score at home tho!! Although i'll take another goal at Charlton first!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here