Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray

kjgood

I know its really no great secret that Cardiff City are interested in Glenn Murray, but i was talking to someone today who works within the coaching setup there.

They told me that as Chopra had gone back to Sunderland and was currently injured, and that it looks as though Joe Ledley was on his way out, that plan C was being put into place.

Plan C is Glenn Murray.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
I know its really no great secret that Cardiff City are interested in Glenn Murray, but i was talking to someone today who works within the coaching setup there.

They told me that as Chopra had gone back to Sunderland and was currently injured, and that it looks as though Joe Ledley was on his way out, that plan C was being put into place.

Plan C is Glenn Murray.

What with Cardiff being in and around the play offs our Glenn could, with luck, be playing in the premier league next season.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
But he's not for sale.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He's Bloom's player though, surely it would be up to him.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Surely it has to depend on the offer that they make. If they offered us anything over 800k I'd definitely take it.

If we could get over a million and Adams was allowed to spend it all on new signings they should definetely sell him.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
How does that work?

A third party owning a player contract? Never heard of Mascherano and Tevez?

Bloom paid for him out of his own pocket. It must complicate matters.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Bloom paid for him out of his own pocket. It must complicate matters.

Doubt it.

He lends/donates/exchanges for shares money to the club to acquire a player. The club, probably with Bloom's approval on a given player, then spends the money accordingly. Bloom is not allowed to pay the money to (in this case) Rochdale himself when (a) he's not a director and (b) he's not allowed to anyway. After that, any considerations are made on a footballing basis.

Bloom understands that, unless he wants to land the club in deep shit.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Anyway, I still think we'd be mad to get rid of him, we need his goals.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I thought Bloom put the money forward at the time i.e. we didn't have £300k floating about in the bank. Not necessarily HIS player. Plus, the Blooms are rich businessmen. They did not get where they are by resolutely refusing to sell someone or something. The phrase 'Not for Sale' does not always mean not for sale. It pushes the prices up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here