Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I give in. When is he? :lol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Last night's "issues" were not one-on-ones.

His first good chance was around the edge of the box. He'd controlled well and made good space for himself. The obvious thing to do was to curl one inside the far post and he shaped to do this. Unfortunately he hit is straight at the 'keeper who was positioned in the middle of the goal.

The second was a header, low down, inside the 6 yard box. Somehow he managed to head over when it looked easier to get it on target.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
The second was a header, low down, inside the 6 yard box. Somehow he managed to head over when it looked easier to get it on target.

I have to say, converting headed chances into goals doesn't seem to be his strong point!

I have seen him miss a fair few chances in front of goal with his head.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm glad he's getting chances to miss! can remember many games where we have'nt even looked like scoring through the years

There have been plenty of games over the last couple of years where we've created nothing in the whole game so not about to start complaining that a lad learning his trade who misses chances. He's also scored a few and has hardly been here 5 mins

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm glad he's getting chances to miss! can remember many games where we have'nt even looked like scoring through the years

There have been plenty of games over the last couple of years where we've created nothing in the whole game so not about to start complaining about a lad learning his trade who misses chances. He's also scored a few and has hardly been here 5 mins. he will get much better so let's hope we can hold on to him or we might have another 3 year wait whilst we search for another decent young striker!

scooter1

How soon is now?

Thats a very fair point, but it does bother me that maybe a few too many chances are being wasted. Somebody at work asked if he was the new Andy Cole, I thought that was a bit strong though(i've heard his singing's not quite that bad??)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm slightly concerned about the trend of missed chances. I wasn't at Carlisle on Saturday but it sounds as though it could have all been oh-so-different if he'd been able to finish one or two of the chances that came his way.

...and last night it did look like it might be a case of two points lost until he finally did the business.

But it's often said that it's worrying if strikers are not getting into the right position and on the end of chances. And he certainly seems to be able to be in the right place at the right time at the moment.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Yes, i did see those 2 but he needs to be more confident in front of goal. :)

He's just stepped up a division and confidence comes with experience. Worth every penny I would say.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can only echo the majority view here. He looks a terrific prospect. The worrying thing for me would be if he was completely anonymous in games, but he's been a LONG way from that. He's going to benefit hugely from playing alongside an experienced pro like Forster as well.

I have him nailed on for 20+ next season (if we're still in this division).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here